Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Walking from campsite

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Thanks to 4x4 joker for suggesting this Catagory i love to walk and always find it Disappointing when you stop at a site and there are no walks close by. i feel lucky to be based near the peak district and love nothing better than taking out the dog for long walks. lets here about your favourites

South West Coastal Path, beautiful and a bit of a work out in places. Easily accessible from Smedmore campsite near Kimmeridge.
Komoot is a good App, it shows various walks from your location.

I'm more a hill runner than hiker but it's essentially the same. I'm also a huge fan of OS maps (you don't realise how amazing they are until you try to use IGN Spanish or French maps) and pay for the OS app subscription even though I can't visit the UK these days. The route suggestions usually come up trumps though. Sadly I can spend hours poring over OS maps

Glenbrittle campsite, Skye (Cuillin)
Wasdale Head National Trust campsite
Stonethwaite campsite (out of peak season)
Turner Hall campsite, Seathwaite (nothing big and exciting, but quiet and people-free (at the right time of the year))
Berry Barton Branscome, Devon (coastal walks)
Lansallos National Trust campsite , Cornwall (coastal walks)

Pencarnan Farm Camping, Pembrokeshire (coastal walks)

East Fleet Farm Campsite. Right on the Chesil Beach coastal path. Miles of walk in either direction.

Lauterbrunnen.
Camping Jungfrau.
Walk to the Grutshalp Lift. Assend.
Follow the mountain trail to Gimmelwald.

One of my favourite walks in the world.
Can’t wait to return...
351085F4-3545-4911-AC21-4191FDFCAC94.jpeg

AFE6B4FF-3D29-4145-9D52-A6ED48B1D902.jpeg

Glenbrittle campsite, Skye (Cuillin)
Wasdale Head National Trust campsite
Stonethwaite campsite (out of peak season)
Turner Hall campsite, Seathwaite (nothing big and exciting, but quiet and people-free (at the right time of the year))
Berry Barton Branscome, Devon (coastal walks)
Lansallos National Trust campsite , Cornwall (coastal walks)

Pencarnan Farm Camping, Pembrokeshire (coastal walks)
I do a fell race from Turner Hall. From memory 16km, Seathwaite Tarn, Grey Friar, Swirl Howe, south to Old Man (probably be a lot of folk there) then Brown and White Pike via Dow Crag before dropping back to the campsite for a shower and straight to the Newfield Inn! Would make a much better walk, very few people once you're away from the Old Man.

Morvich in Kintail has some incredible walking straight from the site (Falls of Glomach, a ton of fantastic Munros including the Five Sisters walk, lower level paths in Glen Lichd and Glen Choinneachean ). All of this is at the harder end of the scale - but if that's your thing...

And - Cable car from Wengen to Mannlichen then walk to Kliene Scheidegg with the Eiger and Jungfau in full view. - Fabulous.
Train to Jungfraujoch then stay in the Monchsjoch hut. Next day get up at 3am and summit the Jungfrau. Recover in the hut enjoying the sunshine. Next day traverse the Monch. Train back to the valley.

Best to leave the kids in the van though. :thumb

Monch traverse.jpg

Thanks to 4x4 joker for suggesting this Catagory i love to walk and always find it Disappointing when you stop at a site and there are no walks close by. i feel lucky to be based near the peak district and love nothing better than taking out the dog for long walks. lets here about your favourites
Brilliant catagory, highly recommend Lochranza campsite on Arran, lots of walking immediately off the campsite.

Thanks Kev, I will be posting walks/hikes on here soon. Knackered from hike today :thumb

Commend End farm near Ashbourne, beautiful 10k round route to Dovedale stepping stones, nearly all off road. A lovely basic but very clean campsite too.

I use AllTrails, you can browse thousands of routes and filter by hight/length etc detailed mapping and you can transfer the map with plotted route into your smart watch to make it easy to follow, I do enough land navigation at work with a compass so it’s nice to take the easy option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lauterbrunnen.
Camping Jungfrau.
Walk to the Grutshalp Lift. Assend.
Follow the mountain trail to Gimmelwald.

One of my favourite walks in the world.
Can’t wait to return...
View attachment 79097

View attachment 79098
From camping Breithorn go direction Trümmelbachfälle. Take a right near a chalet. Walk up the path to get on top of the Trümmelbachfälle and keep climbing (with the magnificent view over the Mönch, Eiger and Jungfrau) all the way up to the Wengwald. Then further to Wengen. Then down across the traintracks to Lauterbrunnen. And then back to the camping.

Not for beginners and people with fear of heights! Especially the first 5 hairpins up to the Trümmelbachfälle.

Love this thread! I’d recommend Eskdale if no one else has. Three pubs nearby too. And you can do Scafell from there too