Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wallas Diesel Hob

burnercan

burnercan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Doing some research trying to decide if I should order the optional parking heater for my Beach, I found the XC DUO by Wallas.

http://www.wallas.fi/index.php?id=117

Searching around on VWCC there doesn't seem to be much info on them. Has anybody got one or something similar? Looks like not a bad heating/cooking solution,

Haven't tried one but they do offer them in Jerba VW conversions and there are some reviews on the web.

Principal seems good.
Possible problem areas would be getting the heating pipes up through the floor and cupboards (lost storage space) and not a lot of free space under the T6 now that the Adblue tank is added for what looks like a night heater unit.
The heater/burner unit could be inside but it would need to exhaust through the floor, again lost storage space.
Just me looking for the pitfalls probably.

I'm confused. Where would you put that in a Beach?

Good point, I was coming at it from an SE/Ocean train of thought.

Can't think how to make it portable as it has an exhaust for the diesel burner. Campervan DIY conversion seems to be only application.

[QUOTE="burnercan, post: 240915, member: 15112"Searching around on VWCC there doesn't seem to be much info on them. Has anybody got one or something similar? Looks like not a bad heating/cooking solution,[/QUOTE]

When I was researching van conversions before I saw the Cali light, I was taken by this idea. I was put off by a few people who warned me that heating up to cook takes a good while and that the heating suffers from being at worktop height and leaving a well of cold air around the feet.

I'm planning on some sort of removable kitchen module, so might be able to mount it there with quick connects for the fuel and air. Just tossing ideas around really trying to avoid giving more money to VW

Its a no brainer to order the parking heater from new - the install and controls are neat and integrated. Its not cheap, but you wont save much retrofitting imho

I did come to that conclusion a while back, but when I wanted the diff lock and 4mo, the wife said 'something's got to go!'

Luckily, its not to late to modify the order and she takes your advice where mine is ignored ;) Heater is back on the list. Thanks for helping to push her over the edge! Well, you know what I mean

Only issues I've heard with the diesel cookers is that they stay hot for a long time after which can be an issue in a small space I imagine.

Heater is a good addon all day long :)

Back