Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wardrobe Rattle

simon parker

simon parker

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Had my Cali now for a couple of months, (its 9 months old) but one rattle drives me nuts. I know its a van and they do rattle but this one is just constant and searching the forum seems no-one else has this one. Seems to be coming from behind the wardrobe area. Can't decide if its high up or low down. Tried pushing on bits to see if it stops while the other half drives but nope. Thought is might be the little slider (window cover) that slides out but not that either. Any ideas?

Not taken it to the dealers yet, and not sure they'll find it anyway as read on another thread they don't look for rattles after 6 months, though it is going in for a couple of other issues notably running the heater for only 10 mins on setting 1 took the battery from 100% to 50%, that doesn't sound right yet can run the fridge all night long and still be at 90% in the morning.

Any help and advise is much appreciated

Had my Cali now for a couple of months, (its 9 months old) but one rattle drives me nuts. I know its a van and they do rattle but this one is just constant and searching the forum seems no-one else has this one. Seems to be coming from behind the wardrobe area. Can't decide if its high up or low down. Tried pushing on bits to see if it stops while the other half drives but nope. Thought is might be the little slider (window cover) that slides out but not that either. Any ideas?

Not taken it to the dealers yet, and not sure they'll find it anyway as read on another thread they don't look for rattles after 6 months, though it is going in for a couple of other issues notably running the heater for only 10 mins on setting 1 took the battery from 100% to 50%, that doesn't sound right yet can run the fridge all night long and still be at 90% in the morning.

Any help and advise is much appreciated
Have you checked that the table is locked in place? It should click into a latch hidden alongside the bench seat. Probably one of the most common sources of rattles!

Have you checked that the table is locked in place? It should click into a latch hidden alongside the bench seat. Probably one of the most common sources of rattles!
yes checked the usual suspects, table, shelves, kitchen doors not closed. I stuck my head in the wardrobe and definitely around that area, seems like its behind it

You could try tapping the fresh / waste water tanks to see if you can replicate the noise. If so could be the water level sensor inside the tank.

Back