Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warning lamp for diesel particulate filter (dpf)

R

Runningboy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My 2007 2.5d 174 auto warning lamp came on in the middle of a tour in France the manual states you have to drive at 2000 revs to burn off soot . As i had done 600 miles at this speed i couldnt have done anything more ,the engine dosnt use any oil
The light has gone out now that i have come home !
Has anyone had this problem , is it a faulty senser ,can the filter be regenerated with a vw diagnostic tool or can i remove it completly with a by pass to increase power and economy

VW diags dealers use can force a regen. Maybe VCDS can but not sure. VW assist can do it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just the particulate filter warning light means that the filter needs help in carrying out a regen like the manual says drive at 2000rpm for a sustained period however can I ask how many miles your Cali has done ? as a dpf has a service life of around 120000 miles.

Two further issues may cause the light to come on 1 the dpf has started to break apart 2 the dpf pressure sensor is giving a faulty reading and needs replacing.

Dpf removal is a definite no it will now fail it’s mot and it’s an important part of the emission system which is there for a reason .