Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warning lights

P

Patrick Thomas

Patrick Thomas
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have problems with my T5 California warning lights, ABS Tire Pressure coming on, have checked but lights still come on. Has anyone any idea how to correct this? patrick.thomas251@+++++.com

I have problems with my T5 California warning lights, ABS Tire Pressure coming on, have checked but lights still come on. Has anyone any idea how to correct this? patrick.thomas251@+++++.com
Could you confirm - you have the Tyre Pressure Warning light On? If the tyre pressures are OK, have you Reset the Tyre Pressure Monitor on the MFD?

If you have done this and the warning comes back then it could be a fault with a wheel ABS sensor. The only way to confirm that and identify which one is to get the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer.

As WelshGas has said, you do need to reset the tyre pressure system on the MFD each you change the tyre pressures and/or fit winter tyres

As above. Tyre pressures change with ambient temperature. They can then vary from the side of the vehicle in shade to the side in full sunlight and when driving you can then get pressure/volume changes varying from side to side that trigger an alarm. Resetting the Tyre Pressure Alarm gives it a new baseline to work from. This commonly occurs during seasonal temperature changes, especially if abrupt rather than gradual.

As above. Tyre pressures change with ambient temperature. They can then vary from the side of the vehicle in shade to the side in full sunlight and when driving you can then get pressure/volume changes varying from side to side that trigger an alarm. Resetting the Tyre Pressure Alarm gives it a new baseline to work from. This commonly occurs during seasonal temperature changes, especially if abrupt rather than gradual.
There is one little patch of the M6 Southbound just north of Stafford that triggers my TPM warning every time I travel that stretch.

I think it is where lorries have created a rut in the tarmac.

I'm hoping this gets resolved soon as they are converting to Smart motorway.

Exactly the same problem with my T5.
Did you manage to resolve it as most replies focus on the tyre pressure and reset required, I have ABS and the skinny car symbol up also all at the same time.

Did you manage to resolve it as most replies focus on the tyre pressure and reset required, I have ABS and the skinny car symbol up also all at the same time.
Thats SKIDDY CAR SYMBOL

• Haha
Reactions: Sad
That is the ESP ( Electronic Stability Programme). Dependant on a working ABS system. Hopefully 1 or more ABS sensors failed and not the ABS Module, which is rare.

Thats SKIDDY CAR SYMBOL
It’s almost certainly an abs wheel sensor that’s gone bad. You will need an OBD 2 code reader to be certain which one it is. I’ve got a carista. It was about £25 on eBay with one month subscription free. Simple to use and pays for itself on first job. Exactly the same thing happened to me.

I have just had to have my tyre pressure reset on my T5. Lucky I was near a VW garage who did it for me but as I have had the problem before I thought it was time to make a note of what to do. I have found this youtube which may be of use to anyone else.

As the comment above from WELSHGAS "Tyre pressures change with ambient temperature" my light came on due to parking in the sun.

Back