Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty advice please!

M

Mitch

Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
Hi new here, so apologies if any of these are dumb questions!

I've just purchased a 2013 plate SE this week and it has about 4 months left of the manufacturer warranty.

So now I've lived with it for a few days, I've noticed a few things that have broken - thing is I'm not clear what is covered under warranty? Some examples below - would be great if anyone has experienced any problem with these and if they are warranty items or not?

* The runner string for one of the blinds has snapped
* the flexi lamp in the roof has snapped and the wires are exposed (still works though!)
* the curved rubber seal at the bottom of the drivers door keeps falling out
* the leg of the stowaway table won't secure properly and it pushes against the kitchen unit
* one of the sliding Windows refuses to shut properly most of the time (should these be lubricated or maintained at all?!)
* the bellows have a rip where it has caught in the scissor mechanism

Now I know some of this could be classed as wear and tear, but would be great to hear of any similar experiences out there!

Thanks in advance.

I would take in to a van centre and go through it with them I would expect all covered except the bellows

I would have said it's worth trying them all for warranty apart from the bellows and even that's worth a try - if you don't ask you definitely wont get it repaired!!

Just had our bellows replaced at a cost of £740 inc fitting, I tried the warranty route and they said VW have stopped accepting claims for the roof canvas now as it is user error, I guess they had to stop this otherwise everone will not give a monkeys when lowering the roof if they know it can be repaired under warranty.

Did you not notice any of this damage when you purchased it? Was it a private sale? Sounds like ex-hire?

Go for all but the bellows.

It's got to be worth a punt.

Thanks all, yes it was a private sale and not ex hire. I did notice the bellows and it was repriced accordingly... I thought a warranty claim on them would be a long shot!

A couple of other things - I've seen some posts about a recall for water penetration in the roof - does anyone know what years / models were affected? I asked the vendor if he knew anything about and he said no - Maybe it was fixed before mine was built?

So the million dollar question is which dealer do I choose... I'm on the south coast so closest would be Breeze in Portsmouth or Southampton. I don't mind travelling a bit for the right one - I've heard service isn't great at some of the commercial dealerships!

Thanks again everyone.

I have always had good service from Breeze in Totton Southampton both service and warranty work

Thanks Guys, I'll give them a call this week and let you know how I get on!

Breeze have a good reputation in this forum.

Breeze Portsmouth are good with fixing under warranty - had mine for lots of bits and bobs - the staff there are always helpful and receptive to issues. Just check for oily finger prints as its 3 times in a row they have returned it with marks all over the headlining to me.

Breeze Portsmouth are good with fixing under warranty - had mine for lots of bits and bobs - the staff there are always helpful and receptive to issues. Just check for oily finger prints as its 3 times in a row they have returned it with marks all over the headlining to me.
Not issue at Totton Breeze

Back