Washing line

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has the quality of the washing line improved since this review in April 2018?

The quality of workmanship on this item is shocking considering the 26.99 price tag. (2 Pieces of metal, 2 cheap thumbscrews and a length of cord 1)
I spent 20 minutes with a file removing sharp edges and burrs from the drilled holes, in the end I was still not happy with the shabby appearance so I purchased a length of heat shrink tubing to cover the brackets, they look much better now but I still struggle to justify the price tag, I would recommend manufacturing something similar from scratch. I certainly could not reccomend this.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-washing-line-kit#woocomerce-tabs2

The quality of workmanship on this item is shocking considering the 26.99 price tag. (2 Pieces of metal, 2 cheap thumbscrews and a length of cord 1)
I spent 20 minutes with a file removing sharp edges and burrs from the drilled holes, in the end I was still not happy with the shabby appearance so I purchased a length of heat shrink tubing to cover the brackets, they look much better now but I still struggle to justify the price tag, I would recommend manufacturing something similar from scratch. I certainly could not reccomend this.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-washing-line-kit#woocomerce-tabs2

I have to agree with you. I bought one thinking as we all do that will be useful, spent time de-burring it and changing the string to Para cord of the same lengths taking care to tie and melt the ends.

There's an hour of my life I will not get back...

Then came the day to fit it, should of done this first TBH. You have to be so carful not to damage the coating of the N/S awning rail don't drop the bracket down the side of the van while fitting it, then make sure the side of the vans clean so as not to make the clean cloths black again.

I have one to give away if anyone wants it.

Pound land, in their camping section there's a yellow nylon line C/W hooks and pegs for yes you guessed it a pound, just need two trees, best to buy two and hook together for longer spans..

Tried something like that but if the van is dirty then more than likely anything hung on that line ends up the same. We just use a twirly clothes line or two, a cheap 2 piece extending tent pole with 2 guy ropes or a tree and attach to the California using a Topper Thumbscrew.

Tried something like that but if the van is dirty then more than likely anything hung on that line ends up the same. We just use a twirly clothes line or two, a cheap 2 piece extending tent pole with 2 guy ropes or a tree and attach to the California using a Topper Thumbscrew.
So I cant interest you in the one I have FOC then WelshGas ;)

We do use the bike rack, trees, awning arms, bicycle handlebars, etc., but I like the concept of this line for times when parked in a treeless field, but the design needs to be right and the product quality for that price.

I also use the bike rack for washing more often than I do for bikes, but I found this in Walmart, USA. It’s basically a bungee with pegs already attached. Cost $3.50.

Seems like a good idea, however caution is advised ; on a quick indoor trial I managed to take a serious chunk out of my arm when my choice of attachment, a window latch, rotated allowing the hook to spring quickly towards me, my reactions and arm preventing it hitting my face!

Maybe available in Asda one day, or an idea for the club shop? Gloves and face mask advised!
76635991-2327-414F-8F9F-13A910B53579.jpeg

Boyfriend made the same thing - cheap and quality is fine (the washing line, not the boyfriend) :D

Cost us about 6 eur.

We use the washing line for cleaning the side of the van.....:rolleyes: joking, but recently in France it proved to be a brilliant sunshade by hanging our towels on it. (Not joking) They cast a prefect shadow on the side windows