Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Washing Mattress Covers

The Mighty Pauls

The Mighty Pauls

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello Cali People!

Recently purchased an SE and the previous owner had dogs.

Would be great to be able to take off the mattress covers (Comfortz Topper on the bottom, Brandrup on the top) to clean them.

Can I just put these in the washing machine? Is there anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks so much as always!

Hello Cali People!

Recently purchased an SE and the previous owner had dogs.

Would be great to be able to take off the mattress covers (Comfortz Topper on the bottom, Brandrup on the top) to clean them.

Can I just put these in the washing machine? Is there anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks so much as always!
If there is no Washing label, low temperature and natural drying.

As per Welsh Gas the covers should not present a problem - cool temp, slow dry. But I would be concerned about the cushioning material as this could be contaminated. Probably ok to carefully hand wash in cool soapy water + disinfectant and dry slowly. I would.

I tend to agree that the cushions ought to be washed. The trouble is how to get them dry at this time of year. I would not 'take the plunge' just yet.

Put them near the boiler/hot water tank or any heat source and just leave them. It might take a few days but they will dry without much problem.

Thanks so much guys!

Not planning on washing the inner mattress, just the outer 'zip off' cover. Will see how I go!

Appreciate all the help.

TTP

Thanks so much guys!

Not planning on washing the inner mattress, just the outer 'zip off' cover. Will see how I go!

Appreciate all the help.

TTP
Washed these loads of times. Cold wash. Slow spin. Never a problem.

Back