Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

waste water guage

Jonas R.

Jonas R.

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Ho Folks!

I think i might have a broken waste water gauge!

I was very surprised when i took it out. My freshwater gauge is 45 cm... But this one measures about 10cm.

Anyone seen this before? And anyone who knows where to find a new one?

//Jonas20171028_171421.jpg

Looks about right. Are you sure it’s broken? The icon only shows on the central control display when the tank is very nearly full. I’ve only ever seen ours display the icon once and that was because I deliberately filled the waste tank to give it a thorough wash out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks about right. Are you sure it’s broken? The icon only shows on the central control display when the tank is very nearly full. I’ve only ever seen ours display the icon once and that was because I deliberately filled the waste tank to give it a thorough wash out.

Thanks a lot!

U saved me a LOT of time! Yes - it did work!

But still - a wierd construction. Why not use the same system as in the freshwater tank?

Good stuff. Glad to help.
It does make you wonder why it’s not got a scale like the freshwater. Glad they don’t though as the freshwater sensor is quite a price to replace. The waste one should be quite a bit cheaper if it ever fails.

I think you answered the question already.

You care about fresh water level but not about waste. In other words you only need to know when the waste is full.
Different requirements, different instrumentation.

Back