Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waste water leak

Keith Smith

Keith Smith

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I picked up my new California on the 5th April this year and we have just had 3 fantastic weeks in Scotland but on cleaning out the car at home I've discovered a major leak from the far end of the black corrugated pipe behind the stop tap. I've opened the valve and it's still dripping albeit more slowly and I've no idea where the water is going to as the floor isn't wet. Has anyone else had a problem like this and if so did they need to take out the whole kitchen unit to fix it?

IMG_1350.JPG
There is a jubilee clip at the back of the pipe but I think the water may be dripping onto it rather than from it, it's difficult to tell.

The water probaly is finding it's way under the the double floor ...
Are you sure it is not from the sliding window as there are known to have leaks . Have you been in rain (carwash?)
Try and tighten all the clips and look for faults in the piping ...

And take it back to the dealer to let them sort it out , hoping they have Cali-knowledge

Are you sure it’s a leak from the tank? If you have a leak from the sliding window it runs down from the window runner and then onto the waste tank. Check that there’s no water on top of the tank.

Thanks for the reply I wish it were so as that would be a lot easier to fix but it's been so dry of late we've had no rain to speak of at all since we bought it. In the three weeks we toured Scotland we had one squally night on Ben Nevis, two weeks ago, but otherwise completely dry! When I got home from our Scotland trip I wanted to rinse out the waste tank so put half a bucket of water down the sink. That's when I noticed water running at the back of the pipe. It was a complete fluke I noticed it, it just caught the light as I stepped into the vehicle.

Back