Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waste Water light flashing on Control panel

K

Keenocali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello Folks. The waste water tank symbol is constantly flashing on the control panel on my 2018 Cali. I understand this is a warning to show waste water tank is Full?. However the tank is completely empty and dealer has stated it’s likely to be a sensor failure and can be replaced under warranty. However I’m a little concerned if the replacement sensor requires extensive manhandling or disassembly of the kitchen furniture etc. Can anyone kindly help confirming if this a relatively simple job or does it involve a lot of work to gain access? Many thanks

I would have thought it is simple and change over and fitted via the top of the water tank. I am sure @WelshGas has a diagram .

Hello Folks. The waste water tank symbol is constantly flashing on the control panel on my 2018 Cali. I understand this is a warning to show waste water tank is Full?. However the tank is completely empty and dealer has stated it’s likely to be a sensor failure and can be replaced under warranty. However I’m a little concerned if the replacement sensor requires extensive manhandling or disassembly of the kitchen furniture etc. Can anyone kindly help confirming if this a relatively simple job or does it involve a lot of work to gain access? Many thanks
Straightforward. Number 3 is the waste water sensor.

You could remove it yourself. Have a look and just check that the electrical connection is correctly plugged in.

53619F69-32B3-4A8B-A041-3937763CF723.jpeg

I have a similar issue, except it is the fresh water symbol flashing. Could that also be a sensor issue? I recently changed the fresh water pump and noticed that the depth gauge was split where it meets the lid. Any thoughts @WelshGas ?

I have a similar issue, except it is the fresh water symbol flashing. Could that also be a sensor issue? I recently changed the fresh water pump and noticed that the depth gauge was split where it meets the lid. Any thoughts @WelshGas ?
Not unknown. I think they changed the design and materials. I presume yours was plastic. You can fit the new type.

Thanks for the helpful advice folks , it’s much appreciated, looks like a striaghtforward job and I’ll give it a go.

Back