Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water Filling Point Damage?

Beeechke1

Beeechke1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi hoping someone can advise. I have damaged the top of the water tank filling point such that the cap does not stay in place when fully rotated (see photo - damage at seven o'clock) Has anyone any experience of replacing this part? Whats involved? Any pictures would be great.IMG_3128.jpg

Hi hoping someone can advise. I have damaged the top of the water tank filling point such that the cap does not stay in place when fully rotated (see photo - damage at seven o'clock) Has anyone any experience of replacing this part? Whats involved? Any pictures would be great.View attachment 41003
This might help.
8E838D8E-2434-4081-963D-F9568BFF810B.jpeg
730233E3-A1DE-494F-B46A-4CB42FEE416B.jpeg

It should be fairly easy, the mounting plate is orderable from any dealer and is held in place from the inside by speed nuts. There is a thread on the forum describing how to do the job https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...ook-up-sticking-out-at-front.6988/#post-61335

If the cap is damaged you have the choice of buying a genuine VW one or one from any caravan parts shop as there are others that fit perfectly.

I dont know how it happened... one minute it is there and then the next time I check it is gone! I am talking about the water cap and the housing that the cap sits in. Yes, that's right it isn't just the cap thats missing.

Pic attached

Any ideas how I fix this?20190806_102731.jpg

Thanks seems like I need item 31. I dont see how it could be held in place except by glue. Hmmm

Back