Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water gauge - dodgy?

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Our water gauge had two (out of three) bars yesterday but we ran out of water. I filled it up and it remained on two bars. Dodgy sensor?

Sounds like it.
Had mine replaced last month.

The Cali Supplement manual gives information in the section for the water tank, cleaning the water tank, on how to remove the level sensor and it looks very simple. I'd suggest you contact your dealers and they'll get you the part and you can fit it yourself saving an hours labour. :thumb

Stu said:
The Cali Supplement manual gives information in the section for the water tank, cleaning the water tank, on how to remove the level sensor and it looks very simple. I'd suggest you contact your dealers and they'll get you the part and you can fit it yourself saving an hours labour. :thumb

Surely its a warranty job?!

For yours yes but sobmar was asking about prices so I guess a similar situation but without warranty. :thumb

If it's a basic float switch it might be worth you lifting yours out and seeing if it's simply stuck.

Hello,

I will look into the supplement but was actually wondering if anyone had it replaced out of warranty and how much did they charge?

the sensor is progressive unlike the waste one and looks to be accessible from the wardrobe side. Part number is 7E7 068 257 and about £100.

May be worth cleaning the mechanism and checking the electrical connectors.

Seb

Mine's booked in for the 7th June for:

1) Dodgy fresh and waste water gauges
2) Knocking suspension noise - possibly loose suspension mount (apparently common according to the bloke I spoke to)
3) Check the bluetooth on the Kenwood system. I think the poor reception/transmission (very average sound quality when using hands free) might actually be my mobile, not the system.
4) Will ask about what I consider to be excessively squeaky brakes!

california180 said:
Who are you trusting it with Matt :?:

Chris

Local non Cali VW van place - Carrs. They have a good reputation on vans and cars so fingers crossed for the Cali! Otherwise it's Plymouth who left us a little underwhelmed when we contacted them about sourcing one for us. No Cali dealers in Cornwall!!

Hi, had the same thing happen. It cost £110 all in at Sheffield VW.
We have a 2008 174bhp cali, the fresh water sensor was cracked at the bottom.
All ok now, hope this helps

Back