Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water leaking from under kitchen unit

Langers

Langers

Hi all

On hols in North Devon - woke up this morning to a wet carpet by the front right hand corner of the kitchen unit.

From a look under the sink cables and pipes all seem dry. Removed the big inspection plate on the RHS and that was dry as well. The small cover over the bolt on the base of the cabinet had some water underneath. Water levels in tanks fine - in fact we've only used for one bowl of washing up and brushing teeth. We are on a very slight list and the water does seem to flow in the direct of the list.

There was a torrential down pour when we were setting up and there is a lot of condensation this morning - any help / advice welcome!

Re: Water leaking from under kitchen unit

Just a thought - we inadvertently left the fridge up high all night - where would the fridge drain condensation to if it was a very damp night?

Langers said:
Just a thought - we inadvertently left the fridge up high all night - where would the fridge drain condensation to if it was a very damp night?
We had a lot of rain yesterday.
I would be looking at the sliding window on that side - we had something similar once when we left an Aeriel lead sticking out during a downpour.
Perhaps check that it's closed properly ie clicked shut or maybe it just leaks?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Freeley said:
Langers said:
We had a lot of rain yesterday.
I would be looking at the sliding window on that side - we had something similar once when we left an Aeriel lead sticking out during a downpour.
Perhaps check that it's closed properly ie clicked shut or maybe it just leaks?

I agree, probably the sliding window seal leaking, it is common if the rear is lower than the front in heavy rain.
At COTF I found on Sunday morning my left hand cupboard was very wet. The window seal was slightly damp. We had a heavy down pour on Saturday night. Something else to put on the growing warranty list !

Potentially could be a blocked or constricted roof drain not carrying water away... Could rundown inside the trim panel.

Also, just had another thought... I don't suppose you have either a silver screen or a BAT cover?

It's not unknown for these to stop the seal on the door and allow water to wick it's way down.

Just thinking about where you say it's wet, we had something similar in our T4. Result was lots of water inside the van. Fortunately easily sorted.

Another remote possibility is a leak in the screw in stopper for the grey water waste tank. My first Cali had a stopper that was cracked. Only noticed when the waste valve was shut and the level reached the cracked stopper. Result a very wet floor.

Thanks all,

Leak kept going all day - even though it dried outside. Emptied the fresh tank and it seems to have stopped. The aluminium rail underneath the screw covers in the bottom of the kitchen cabinet (left and right hand side) was very wet. Gonna leave overnight and see if it dries out, will then refill the tank and see if it starts again. The leak is defo fresh and not grey water...

Just a quick update - it was leak from the main fresh water tank. Whole unit had to be replaced, thankfully under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad it was diagnosed and sorted.

Excellent, glad it's sorted.

I have to say, the thought of the units coming out and going back in fills me with dread.

SimplyDubs said:

I have to say, the thought of the units coming out and going back in fills me with dread.

Yes me too, plenty of scope for aditional damage.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Andy said:
SimplyDubs said:

Mine had to come out just two replace the blind over the sink :shocked :shocked

Calikev said:
Andy said:
SimplyDubs said:

Mine had to come out just two replace the blind over the sink :shocked :shocked

And mine was taken out to replace the leisure battery charger.

Back