Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water level full but showing empty

Niborn

Niborn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello , I wonder if anyone knows a quick fix to this problem ? I picked up my Cali last week and I did ask the dealer if they checked the water operation . They said they hadn't . I wish I'd asked them to fill it too and check it . Now I am miles away and see this isnt working , although it does pump ok from the tap or shower .

I know it probably is not a huge issue but annoying when one had bought a new Cali for a lot of money .

Appreciate any guidance .IMG_0049.JPG

I'll also call the dealer of course .

Thanks

Thanks for the tip would you have any experience in solving that to save a dealer trip , in fact I'm in France now and would rather avoid it

I would use the other level indicator anyway its more accurate:
Turn on tap - if water comes out its within 30L of running out
- if water doesn't come out its already empty (or frozen)

The control panel display really only shows if theres something in the tank or nothing at all it doesn't do 10% 20% etc same with the waste tank.

Get it checked by the dealer at your convenience, don't waste holiday time trying to get it sorted out.

The indicator never gives the correct ammount , however saying empty when full is totally wrong....
As long everything works (water running) i would leave it , empty it or just use it in the meantime and check the next time you fill up.
Have it checked at your dealer if it stays this way.

Hello , I wonder if anyone knows a quick fix to this problem ? I picked up my Cali last week and I did ask the dealer if they checked the water operation . They said they hadn't . I wish I'd asked them to fill it too and check it . Now I am miles away and see this isnt working , although it does pump ok from the tap or shower .

I know it probably is not a huge issue but annoying when one had bought a new Cali for a lot of money .

Appreciate any guidance .View attachment 23286

Thanks
Just check that the wiring plugs on top of the Water Tank are fully plugged in. There should be 2 sets, one for the water pump and the other for the level sensor.

Just check that the wiring plugs on top of the Water Tank are fully plugged in. There should be 2 sets, one for the water pump and the other for the level sensor.
Arh that sounds easy but yet to know where the water tank is , I will look of course but could you tell me probably what is obvious , must be in that general area I guess

Arh that sounds easy but yet to know where the water tank is , I will look of course but could you tell me probably what is obvious , must be in that general area I guess
Open rear Wardrobe. Remove lower shelf. Look forward, below the front partition.
You will see the top of the water tank with wires coming out of the screw cover.

Your gas bottle fits into the gas holder which is part of the water tank.

Open rear Wardrobe. Remove lower shelf. Look forward, below the front partition.
You will see the top of the water tank with wires coming out of the screw cover.

Your gas bottle fits into the gas holder which is part of the water tank.

Better look at the bottem of the large wardrobe next to the fridge , take out the round plastic cap and you see the lid with the wires going in to the pump and the level sensor

Last edited:

Appreciate any guidance .View attachment 23286

Thanks
I had this happen the other way round, always showed one bar even when empty, 2 weeks before the 3 year warranty ran out. Dealer replaced the mechanism. Had a repeat last week when it showed empty when full. I turned the panel off and it now shows full.
Conclusion -generally unreliable, but the old computer thing of turning it off and on again sometimes works.

I emptyed my fresch water tank last week afther comming home from a trip .
Still shows two bars afther a week!

On mine the pipe to the water pump sometimes touches the side of the level switch which stops the slide of the level switch running up and down. I have a piece of stainless steel wire with a hook on the end, I can hook the pump pipe out of the way through the filler cap. It is normally fine again after that for a few months. I find this easier than taking the top off the tank.

As long as it all works (water comes out the tap) i'm not bothert and not opening the tank ...never wake a sleeping dog as they say!

It's an easy fix if your issue turns out to be the plastic sender part - just swap it for the replacement metal part from VW. Can't comment on longevity. Only swapped mine last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a flashing water tank icon on the display, continues flashing even when I disconnect the electric connection. Only happened when I had to get into the water tank to push the the pipe back on as I had no water to the sink. Any Ideas please?

Try resetting your control panel.

I have a similar problem, fresh and waste water tank symbols flashing and not fixed by the reset. In the secret menu I've got diagnostic codes 4001, 5001 and 6000 showing.

Will be on the list for the dealer come Service next month unless anyone has any easy fixes?

Still shows two bars afther a week! ....ME TOO...Anyone know what is happening... Thanks

Still shows two bars afther a week! ....ME TOO...Anyone know what is happening... Thanks
the indication ring on the sensor is stuck in the 2/3 position?

I empty my waste water tank often, so
i've payed no attention to the gauge.

Back