Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

water on front door step

Trollhunter

Trollhunter

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi,

When its raining, I keep having a small pool of water on the step of the front doors to my 2006 T5.
The water then stays there til I open the door, then runs out. It pools just inside the rubber trim along the bottom of the door.
Just wondering where this is most likely coming from?
My thought is that the rubber seal around the door isn't quite a seal anymore and that there is a small gap allowing water to trickle in. Is this a common problem with older vehicles?
Is it an easy fix to remove the whole rubber seal around the door and fit a new one?
Or could it be coming through the window (between the glass and the door) and somehow into the van?

I see small spot of rust may be forming under the rubber as the water turns a little brown so think its probably an idea to sort it before it gets worse.

Any ideas welcome!
Cheers

As you say most likely a worn seal , your Cali has some age and i think it's not all that strange to happen.
You can do a watertest with a hose or bucket to be sure where it comes from .

As you say most likely a worn seal , your Cali has some age and i think it's not all that strange to happen.
You can do a watertest with a hose or bucket to be sure where it comes from .
Think i will do that, check with a hose first. After a bit of scrolling on the net i see that maybe adjusting the striker pin could help. Bring the door a little tighter in to the body by a couple of mm.

Back