Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water overflow from City water port

neofeudal

neofeudal

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I tried filling my water tank from the City hookup today (first time trying the City hookup) and water just came out the bottom of the van. The water tank's drain was closed.

Is there some switch or something to allow water to flow? Or is the line broken or something? Anybody else experience this?

I tried filling my water tank from the City hookup today (first time trying the City hookup) and water just came out the bottom of the van. The water tank's drain was closed.

Is there some switch or something to allow water to flow? Or is the line broken or something? Anybody else experience this?
Not wishing to offend @neofeudal but are you sure the drain valve for the fresh water is closed? There are obviously two drain valves, one for fresh and one for waste water.

Sorry for the delayed response. The waste water drain under the sink is open. The drain valve for the fresh water tank is closed. When my hose is connected to the chity water, water comes out the bottom of the van...seems like midway across, but I am not sure, as water can be sneaky. I am THINKING there is a break in the line between teh city water hookup and the fresh water tank. Or might it be something else?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are putting the water tank and its bits under pressure. I would have thought that, like the modern Calis, yours was also meant to be a container that you fill as opposed to sourcing it under pressure.

Is your fresh water tank in the big cupboard next to the fridge? If it is then you can access is from there and see if it’s full/blocked etc. Take off the battery enclosure panel and you’ll be able to see the filler neck. I think it’s vented from there so you can trace the overflow.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are putting the water tank and its bits under pressure. I would have thought that, like the modern Calis, yours was also meant to be a container that you fill as opposed to sourcing it under pressure.
Yes, it is *supposed* to fill the fresh water tank, turning on and off the supply line as needed to keep the fresh water tank at about 75% (if memory serves). However, instead of filling it, the water is not making it that far and is fallin out en route. I would GUESS that there is a break in the line, or it is an overflow of some sort used if a valve that should open does not open?

Back