Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump issues

neofeudal

neofeudal

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Water is not coming from my sink. However, when I turn the sink on, I can hear the pump working.

I took off the end of the faucet to access the mesh innards and can see it is opening fully, but no water comes out. I opened up the tank and accessed the pump. The fan blades move when the faucet is turned on.

My next step (I *think*) is to disconnect the hose from the pump and see if it squirts water in my face when not connected to the hose. To see if the hose may be clogged. If it is, I would plan on blowing compressed air into the water line to try to dislodge the obstruction. Alternately, if the pump has an inssue internally, I would replace it.

Does this sound about right to you all? I am just really surprised by having the pump and fauset seeming to work but water not happening. It worked fine a few weeks ago and halfway through this last weekend, but then just stopped. My wife said the pressure was a bit low, and then later, it just stopped.

Let me know if I am doing something dumb. Especially that compressed air idea! I don't want to make things worse...

THANKS!

Water is not coming from my sink. However, when I turn the sink on, I can hear the pump working.

I took off the end of the faucet to access the mesh innards and can see it is opening fully, but no water comes out. I opened up the tank and accessed the pump. The fan blades move when the faucet is turned on.

My next step (I *think*) is to disconnect the hose from the pump and see if it squirts water in my face when not connected to the hose. To see if the hose may be clogged. If it is, I would plan on blowing compressed air into the water line to try to dislodge the obstruction. Alternately, if the pump has an inssue internally, I would replace it.

Does this sound about right to you all? I am just really surprised by having the pump and fauset seeming to work but water not happening. It worked fine a few weeks ago and halfway through this last weekend, but then just stopped. My wife said the pressure was a bit low, and then later, it just stopped.

Let me know if I am doing something dumb. Especially that compressed air idea! I don't want to make things worse...

THANKS!
That sounds fine. Have you checked the pipe run from pump to tap, just in case there is a leak?
It could be something simple like an air lock. Try blowing down the open tap. Should hear bubbling from the water tank. If you do and it still doesn't work then you will probably need to replace the pump as it may be failing .

I pushed air through the pip no problem. Discovered the pump was to blame. Easy replacement.

I was just surprised, as the pump very much sounded fine when I would turn on the sink. Well, 25 years is a good life for a pump I guess!

Back