Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump power

I

Isobel Hannah

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Looking for some help with a water pump power. On a recent trip we had no water after checking everything we thought the pump needed replacing which we did. No joy we the looked at the micro switch in the tap and replaced the tap. When we connect everything up we still have no water , however if we put a direct power source to the pump it works. Does anyone know what the issue could be ?

Looking for some help with a water pump power. On a recent trip we had no water after checking everything we thought the pump needed replacing which we did. No joy we the looked at the micro switch in the tap and replaced the tap. When we connect everything up we still have no water , however if we put a direct power source to the pump it works. Does anyone know what the issue could be ?
Have you checked the tap fuse under the front passenger seat. Check by replacing or with a multimeter. 5 amp fuse.
If you are a VIP member there are fuse diagrams in the Resources section. Otherwise check all the 5 amp fuses.

Have you checked the tap fuse under the front passenger seat. Check by replacing or with a multimeter. 5 amp fuse.
If you are a VIP member there are fuse diagrams in the Resources section. Otherwise check all the 5 amp fuses.
Yes all 5 amp fuses checked and are all good.

Clearly the switch or supply to it. If the pump runs with direct power then it’s the switch.
Check you have juice at the switch and earth.

Thanks, when I checked the power under the sink I get about 10 volts but it drops. There is no switch that I can see, it's a T5.1 . Where is the earth?

Pump motor is earthed. Switch fed from SF20 5A. Check the fuse. Check you have 12v at switch. Turn switch (tap) on and check voltage at pump. Check pump is earthed.

Pump motor is earthed. Switch fed from SF20 5A. Check the fuse. Check you have 12v at switch. Turn switch (tap) on and check voltage at pump. Check pump is earthed