Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water Pump

F

far.landscape

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Does anyone know what specific model of Reich water pump is fitted to the Grand California? It’ll be one from here I suspect… https://reich-web.com/en/products/water-pumps

Last night mine started making “pre-disintegration” noises and just wanting to have a spare on hand for when it does!!

I’ll take it out and have a look if nobody knows, but just trying to avoid having to dismantle twice

…and does anyone know what this black clips compressing the pipes are? I have compression clips on hand so would use those if the clips aren’t salvageable but ideally would replace like with like.

87d204a83af97a65d94ddd5da2556f9e.jpg

Does anyone know what specific model of Reich water pump is fitted to the Grand California? It’ll be one from here I suspect… https://reich-web.com/en/products/water-pumps

Last night mine started making “pre-disintegration” noises and just wanting to have a spare on hand for when it does!!

I’ll take it out and have a look if nobody knows, but just trying to avoid having to dismantle twice

…and does anyone know what this black clips compressing the pipes are? I have compression clips on hand so would use those if the clips aren’t salvageable but ideally would replace like with like.

87d204a83af97a65d94ddd5da2556f9e.jpg

Photo is of the top of the water pump assembly in the water tank. I’m assuming (but don’t know) that the 600 & 680 have the same pump.

Please see the attached photo of the water pump on the 680.
The black compression clips are reusable. You can just use a set of pliers to squeeze the two ends to open the clip.

F52F2252-DFA9-457B-B6E5-FEB3986F7577.jpeg

Please see the attached photo of the water pump on the 680.
The black compression clips are reusable. You can just use a set of pliers to squeeze the two ends to open the clip.

View attachment 82836

Awesome!! Thank you so much.

So I make that the Reich 514-0419E / 514-4419E (“REICH HIGH POWER PUMP PLUS”).

It’s available in a couple of places, and listed on Amazon….
Reich Pump, Water-Resistant, HL, 19 Litres, 1.1 Bar https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0013DVW0A/?tag=eliteelect-21

I couldn’t find stock of the “plus” version anywhere, so assuming it will at least work as a backup and I need it delivered asap to the Hebrides, for now I went for the slightly lower powered version from here… (18l flow rate vs 19l, and 0.9 bar vs 1.1 bar)

That’s the same one I bought for my spare. Remember you’ll need an electrical connection block or a couple of crimped bullet connectors. It would be great if you could confirm it works when you have to change it out albeit slightly less flow.

Last edited:
That’s the same one as I bought for my spare. Remember you’ll need an electrical connection block or a couple of crimped bullet connectors. It would be great if you could confirm it works when you have to change it out albeit slightly less flow.

Will do, and oops!! Will try and pick some connector blocks up here locally or will just have to splice for now (have some electrical tape with me).

Back