Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water stains

C

calamityjenny

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I've really bad water stains on the rear bench seat - my boyfriend left a wet cloth on there :(

Just ordered some seat covers, but wondering if there is a way to make the stains look less awful?

Use some fabric cleaner? It mostly comes in foam, or spray.

My rear bench seat in my previous Cali and my current Cali stained really easily from the rain coming through the door when getting in. I find a good spray with Groom and wipe with a clean sponge worked ok. Certainly makes it look a lot better.

I've really bad water stains on the rear bench seat - my boyfriend left a wet cloth on there :(

Just ordered some seat covers, but wondering if there is a way to make the stains look less awful?
Autoglym Interior Shampoo and a damp cloth. That's all I use. Works every time.

Personally cannot see the point in seat covers unless you have a dog.

ah maybe, I tried that on my mini years ago and just made it far worse. Might be me being useless though :D

My rear bench seat in my previous Cali and my current Cali stained really easily from the rain coming through the door when getting in. I find a good spray with Groom and wipe with a clean sponge worked ok. Certainly makes it look a lot better.
Right! Will give that a go - any spray recommendations?

I think Groom is the name of product by Ambersil, Halfords should sell it

edit - posting on top of the others!

I've used 1001 carpet shampoo too, might be made by Bissell.... test on an area out of view in case...

I've often used this.

Screenshot_20190510-164820_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is probably all resolved by now, but we just gave the badly water-stained grubby front passenger seat a clean with Autoglym Interior Shampoo, and were amazed how it cleaned it good as new! Quite easy to use too.

Autoglym Interior Shampoo and a damp cloth. That's all I use. Works every time.

Personally cannot see the point in seat covers unless you have a dog.
Great stuff that Autoglym Interior Shampoo ++++

Actually I'm thinking of using it on some stained suede boots, see if it can sort them out.