Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water tank cap

B

Brianandjoy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We’ve just bought our first California a 2016 Ocean ,we tried to undo the locking water tank cap but when you unlock it it just turns and doesn’t unscrew.I noticed you can push it in but it still doesn’t come off,Help please,the manual just says unscrew it

If it’s just spinning then you’ve locked it.

It comes with a seperate key....have you used it?

Yes I’ve unlocked it but it just turns,at least I thought it was locked,when I turn the key the other way it won’t turn,so could this be unlocked?should I try unscrewing it in this position?maybe it was unlocked when we got the van and I locked it

When I first got mine, i was surprised how stiff it was. I think that when you say you can’t turn it, that’s actually the unlocked position.

Even when locked it still spins.
You have to do a bit of pushing and pulling
whilst turning it to get it off.
What year is your van man ?
Mine is an early one and i´m on my 3rd cap, this one
works okay.

Is it the right key?

I came home with one that had the wrong key. I thought that I had unlocked it, but I hadn't/

A new cap and a new key solved it. I did have to call upon the incredible technical skills of Jason as SMG to remove the old cap, was so impressive, big screwdriver, even bigger hammer and ten seconds later .....:shocked

Anyone needing a replacement lockable cap needn't go to VW for it as there is a version that fits perfectly available from the caravan industry. It doesn't look quite the same as the VW version but fits, seals and locks perfectly and probably cheaper.

This is how I use the Cali filler & EHU with a non VW cap.

dscn4416.jpg

Anyone needing a replacement lockable cap needn't go to VW for it as there is a version that fits perfectly available from the caravan industry. It doesn't look quite the same as the VW version but fits, seals and locks perfectly and probably cheaper.

Mine , whivh is exactly like that, cost me £12.85 a few months ago. It is good quality and fits well. I bought it so I would have a spare key. I only got one when I bought the van.

It turns out it was unlocked when I got it and I was locking it to try to open it,it came off as easy as anything when I turned the key the other way,thanks for all the help