Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water tap loose

Tony Beretta

Tony Beretta

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi all, the tap in my new cali is loose. It has been like that since handover. I tried to screw it or push it with not much force with no results. Any ideas/tips?
Thanks

I decided not to visit the dealer ever again. Losch in Luxembourg is a total disaster. While waiting for our new cali, my wife had a minor accident with her 15 month old polo under full warranty and full cover insurance. What was scheduled to be fixed in 4 days took over a month and four visits to the dealer in order to have it completly fixed. Our cali was handed over with two small bumps, one of them caused by them while trying to install the bike rack. I am still waiting for a new bike rack since they said that the first one was defective. I think they broke it while installing. Too many things.. I just dont feel safe there. Also, they never look at your car on the spot. They always ask to leave the car there for at least a day, even if it is for a minor thing like that.
So I am trying to fix things myself or I will go to a different dealer. Screw or push??

The tap came loose in my T6 Ocean after about six months use. It was replaced by the dealer under warranty. Can't you go to another dealer if you are not satisifed with Losch?

That is what I might do if I can not fix it myself. The tap does not seem to be broken. I think is just that it is not properly attached.

That is what I might do if I can not fix it myself. The tap does not seem to be broken. I think is just that it is not properly attached.

Mine didn't look broken either, but I couldn't figure out how to fasten it. Tried to push it in, with no success. No screws, no gaskets. So I went to dealer and the whole thing was replaced.

OK, my problem was that part 7 in the graph separated into two pieces. The pipe disconnected from the part with the ball valve and switch.

If the construction is the same as the older ones, it is an O-ring that is keeping the connection leak free. I was able to reconnect it only after using some silicone grease.

Hi Deskman, thanks for your help. Yes there is a black rubber strap in the tap end. I also thought of silicon to get it fixed.