Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water tight

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Having had a leaking tailgate I just wanted to gauge people experience in regards to Rogers solar panel fitting. I see the way to fit is to cut a slit in the gromit and feed the wire though. As anyone had any experience of this causing water ingression. Even during at speed etc I am reluctant to do this after the leaking tailgate (seperate issue and nothing to do with the solar panel), if everyone thinks it’s ok I will go for it, be grateful for any views

Having had a leaking tailgate I just wanted to gauge people experience in regards to Rogers solar panel fitting. I see the way to fit is to cut a slit in the gromit and feed the wire though. As anyone had any experience of this causing water ingression. Even during at speed etc I am reluctant to do this after the leaking tailgate (seperate issue and nothing to do with the solar panel), if everyone thinks it’s ok I will go for it, be grateful for any views
Should be fine.

(You could just seal with some silicone for extra peace of mind.)

No problems with mine. I made sure to cut a small slit carefully in the location recommended.
As @Ch1pbutty says, it can easily be sealed.

Same here no longer that say 5mm-8mm with some silicon spray so it is a tight squeeze. (curly cable option) Had the same concern myself though so right to raise it. Might add some Black Witch or similar rubber adhesive.

No problems here, fitted them myself, cut into the underside of the grommet as advised, (used a sharp scalpel) been on a year now. Outside in all weathers, no signs of water ingress.

Same here. Fitted them myself in ealy 2019. No problems.

Back