Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

watertank lid removal tool

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I made this little water tank lid removal tool if anybody would like to borrow it
Please let me know

IMG_20150515_124444.jpg

IMG_20150515_124444.jpg

Could you send it to me please.....:D
Seen some diffrent conversions of the DIY tool !
Thisone even got a taped handle:thumb

Can I borrow the tool as well please? :thumb

Kev do you still have this tool? If so I would like to borrow :)

I haven't seen it for a while I will have a poke about in the garage today to see if I can find it

I made a similar one using wood instead of metal, it was strong enough to loosen the lid.

I have found it pm me your address and I will send it to you

I have found it pm me your address and I will send it to you

I think you (or I) are on lockdown Kev, I can't pm you

"The following error occurred:
Participants:
You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: Calikev."

I think you (or I) are on lockdown Kev, I can't pm you

"The following error occurred:
Participants:
You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: Calikev."

He has been getting some warnings....and continues to be a pain in the @ss so i blocked him....:D

:DepressedNot true offcoarse....must be something wrong

Should work now andy
Hi Kev, tool arrived today and 10 minutes later the water pump was spinning freely again. Just spun the impeller by hand and it's up & running.

Thanks for sending. I'll mail it back to you on Saturday if that's ok? Shudder to think how much VW would have charged to sort that!

Thanks again Kev, lifesaver!

Kev, could I borrow it please? I've got a replacement water level sensor but so far have completely failed in my attempts to get the lid off. I will happily reimburse you for any postage etc.

Ok pm me your address and I will send it to you

Kev's tool is doing the rounds. I used it yesterday to change the level sensor, the cap came off quite easily with a bit of leverage. The old sensor was split from end to end, no wonder it didn't work!!

We will be selling a water tank lid removal tool in the club shop very soon

Kev's tool is doing the rounds. I used it yesterday to change the level sensor, the cap came off quite easily with a bit of leverage. The old sensor was split from end to end, no wonder it didn't work!!
Hi, I have the same issue and have purchased a shiny new replacement with a metal sensor as clearly the plastic ones fail over time. However it is stuck fast. I just wanted to check it was not an opposite thread for some reason. I tried goig anti-clockwise and it turned a little but is now stuck fast!

Hi, I have the same issue and have purchased a shiny new replacement with a metal sensor as clearly the plastic ones fail over time. However it is stuck fast. I just wanted to check it was not an opposite thread for some reason. I tried goig anti-clockwise and it turned a little but is now stuck fast!
Hi no it is normal thread on it . Are you using a tool to get it off. Mine seemed impossible until I made a tool up. Piece of wood and two bolts so they fit each side of the fins.

Thanks for reply. I'll try making a tool. I had to make one in the first place to get the lid off, so have some experience in this now.

Thanks for reply. I'll try making a tool. I had to make one in the first place to get the lid off, so have some experience in this now.
I Have the same problem. I have printed off the photo and will attempt to make my own tool. Seem like a common problem.

They will be available to buy in the club shop next week

Back