We Connect App - trying to sell Aux Heater ! But it’s not on my

Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Had an email from VW today explaining I can pay £129 to have the We Connect plus app to activate the optional Auxilary heater.
but when I click through to buy it and activate it.
It’s not on the list of items available.
What a misleading email ! :headbang
But I have the connection for 3 years for free. So that’s not so bad.
And no need for a surf key, as long as I and the Buzz have internet data signal I can unlock from the We-Connect app.
I wonder if the update will fix the My21 app unlocking feature ?

10925BB5-0830-4D9F-A708-169C4AEFE4A9.png

D272931E-11B6-433D-BB3B-30DB4051D50B.png
32C9C995-63F1-4FA6-BE6A-0E5F46BB1DC7.png

67B55FE0-B7B2-483C-AA4B-80983ABFB37A.png

All time spent developing WeConnect should have gone to test and stabilize the embedded software. I doubt there was a demand in the market for it and in my opinion very few people will be willing to pay 150€ per year for the services it offers.

And yes, I got the same mail but the online auxiliary heater is not in the services available for my vehicle.

This has been covered several times in the past but my understanding is that for MY21 Californias, neither the remote Lock/Unlock nor remote Aux Heater are supported in the We Connect App and never will be!

MY20 and MY22 Californias do have support for these features.

It’s b****y annoying for us MY21ers!

I’ve had remote lock / unlock working on a MY20 . Remote heating operation doesn’t even appear in the menu.

I’ve had remote lock / unlock working on a MY20 . Remote heating operation doesn’t even appear in the menu.
It is also my case, MY20 having lock/unlock but no remote heating.

It’s true I haven’t paid for the ‘plus’ version but given that I’m often told my van is unlocked or my windows are open not sure how much faith I would have in locking my van without then double checking with the keys!!!

We got our MY22 van this week, it comes with we connect plus and has lock and unlock in the app, but not heater. Although I haven't set up the heater yet or used it :). I will try it today and see if the option pops up.

We got our MY22 van this week, it comes with we connect plus and has lock and unlock in the app, but not heater. Although I haven't set up the heater yet or used it :). I will try it today and see if the option pops up.
No ability to remotely operate the auxiliary heater via weconnect on my MY22. Can lock/unlock though.

You should be thankful. My £90 enables me to see my authorised workshop and that’s about it!

9D9FCB6B-5885-4220-AC49-2A02BF011C36.png

You should be thankful. My £90 enables me to see my authorised workshop and that’s about it!

View attachment 88136
Are you sure it does even that? as another thread the authorised workshop details have been lost for from we believe everyones settings.

As an aside, you are showing that you have a meeting on Friday, if you have set the thing up properly & the meeting has a location, that should be imported to your satnav (assuming you have it) to save you having to type it in.

Are you sure it does even that? as another thread the authorised workshop details have been lost for from we believe everyones settings.

As an aside, you are showing that you have a meeting on Friday, if you have set the thing up properly & the meeting has a location, that should be imported to your satnav (assuming you have it) to save you having to type it in.
That’s a bonus as I’m working from home;-) Yes the ability to import locations is handy although in reality it is the only feature my £90 gets me. If I’d have know that before parting company with my cash I personally wouldn’t have bothered. It’s a shame because they could have done so much more.