Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We Connect stopped working

GrahamB

GrahamB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all. We Connect app seems to have stopped connecting to my Cali. I have Discovery Pro and it was working fine but last data update from the van was April 10. I have tried deleting the app and data and reinstalling but it goes back to the same state (ie showing the last known journey on April 10 and the fuel range at that time). I do live in a poor mobile signal area so am aware the van may have trouble if it finds itself off grid but previously it would catch up with itself when back in range - but now it doesn’t. Anyone had this issue and/or any thoughts on a fix please?

I've had that but don't know of a fix, it seemed to sort itself out after a while.

Thanks Andy I wondered if it would do that so I have been waiting patiently, but its taking its time!

I wonder if there is a way to force a reset of Discovery Pro, and whether that would sort it?

Hi all. We Connect app seems to have stopped connecting to my Cali. I have Discovery Pro and it was working fine but last data update from the van was April 10. I have tried deleting the app and data and reinstalling but it goes back to the same state (ie showing the last known journey on April 10 and the fuel range at that time). I do live in a poor mobile signal area so am aware the van may have trouble if it finds itself off grid but previously it would catch up with itself when back in range - but now it doesn’t. Anyone had this issue and/or any thoughts on a fix please?
Hi @GrahamB, have you tried to connect the van to the internet? At least you’ll then know if it’s a connection issue. I’m thinking you could go into ‘Shop’ on the last screen and see if it connects.

A possible cause (this was my problem) is that your phone settings have (been) changed so that the We Connect app only works in foreground, not background... i.e. as soon as your phone screen switches to something else, the connection drops - possibly before it's even been made.

On an android phone look under power settings and make sure there’s nothing preventing your We Connect app from running in the background or preventing it from starting or forcing it to sleep.

On an apple phone look for app settings that prevent the app from operating in the background.

I wonder if there is a way to force a reset of Discovery Pro, and whether that would sort it?
Check your phone settings first.

Sorry if you know this but there’s also the WiFi Assist toggle. Be careful if you enable this though because ALL your Apps will eat data in the background. Depending on your phone contract it can be expensive.

893DA8F3-EE4C-42A5-8112-45A19C05784C.png

Thanks guys. I have got background app refresh and mobile data enabled for We Connect so thats not it. I will try a direct internet connection from the car as GG suggests.

I don't think the system is that good, I gave up on it, too many climbs and hills not enough time after work to faff on with that. Interesting discussion

Hi @GrahamB, have you tried to connect the van to the internet? At least you’ll then know if it’s a connection issue. I’m thinking you could go into ‘Shop’ on the last screen and see if it connects.
Hi @GrumpyGranddad I did as you suggested this evening and the van connected to the shop ok. But then as I was scrolling around the system I realised that I was logged in as guest rather than my VW ID! So then when I logged back in as me I checked a few minutes later and We Connect had updated. Stupid really, I hasn't thought of this - or noticed the lack of welcome message. I did start to wonder whether it was because my freebie data with Cubic Telecom had expired (it has) but this doesn't seem to be a requirement for We Connect functionality. We live and learn :)

Hi @GrumpyGranddad I did as you suggested this evening and the van connected to the shop ok. But then as I was scrolling around the system I realised that I was logged in as guest rather than my VW ID! So then when I logged back in as me I checked a few minutes later and We Connect had updated. Stupid really, I hasn't thought of this - or noticed the lack of welcome message. I did start to wonder whether it was because my freebie data with Cubic Telecom had expired (it has) but this doesn't seem to be a requirement for We Connect functionality. We live and learn :)
Glad you’re sorted @GrahamB. I’ve noticed that on a few occasions i’ve had a message in the van saying that i haven’t logged in for a while, even though i’ve ticked the remember my PIN box. I’ve always logged back in but wonder if I didn’t i’d have the issue you had?

Interesting GG - I cant recall seeing that but I will now take note if I dont get the personalised welcome message

My WeConnect stopped working 2 days ago. Keeps showing vehicle unlocked and windows open. I don't think it is updating? Tried logging out and logging in but still not working.

Many of us have had this reliability issue. It may magically correct itself in due course.

Anybody else unable to log into WeConnect this morning?

I have just tried and it seems to have forced a log out to update data privacy statement. Took a couple of attempts but now its logging in and out normally.

I couldn’t log in to the app a few days ago, I even reset the password to no effect. I deleted the app from my phone, reinstalled it, and it worked straight away.

Recently noticed that destinations loaded in WeConnect favourites in the App are not being sent to the van when sent. Anybody else seeing this?

Recently noticed that destinations loaded in WeConnect favourites in the App are not being sent to the van when sent. Anybody else seeing this?
I experienced delays a couple of weeks ago when sending destinations to the vehicle from WeConnect - they sometimes didn't arrive for several hours.

I experienced delays a couple of weeks ago when sending destinations to the vehicle from WeConnect - they sometimes didn't arrive for several hours.
Yes, i’ve had that in the past too @Happy Snapper . Recently though, destinations just aren’t arriving even after several days!?

Anybody had a problem logging in to WeConnect this morning?

Back