We Connect T6.1

Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
T6.1 We Connect has some useful features.
Looking at mileage and mpg for the day.
How much Adblue left,found it at a pump for £0.79 a litre. Said it needed 7.75 to 9.75 litres.
filled up to first click at 9.76 litres.
Nice to see if I locked it.
Lights off, when the next service is.
Tested all possibilities to try and lock car keys inside. It’s impossible. The alarm stays on, so alarms when you open the door again after locking inside with key fob. Then leaving the vehicle.
Only feature that’s not on the WeConnect iPhone app, Auxillary Heater. I’ve emailed twice from the app but had no reply. Who can I contact to ask ?

Are you able to lock and unlock from the app? i Haven’t figured out how?

Yea
You need to go into the settings then your fone will contact you to a control centre who do a face recognition pic

Thanks I use Face ID to open the app no problems but I’m unable to lock and unlock the car via the app.. I think they have removed this feature.

You have to have a video conservation with someone so they make your app work. Mine was with somebody in Estonia who took a picture of my driving licence and then turned the front camera on to see my face and then they activated my application on my phone.

Anyone know the annual cost after the included first year (or after 3yrs if you go for the Pro system)?

No idea. I don’t think VW know either ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Sad
Lock and Unlock using We Connect App:
How annoying!!! Here’s what the We Connect team advised me of today :-(

Dear Mr Sparkes,
Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.
In regards to your inquiry, unfortunately for the vehicles 2021, lock and unlock functions are not available.
It will be available again in vehicles 2022.
We remain at your disposal for any further inquiries you might have. You may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800-2797508. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference number 508426 for a quick follow-up.
We wish you always a safe drive with your Volkswagen Transporter.
Yours faithfully
Your Digital Service Team

• Wow
Lock and Unlock using We Connect App:
How annoying!!! Here’s what the We Connect team advised me of today :-(

Dear Mr Sparkes,
In regards to your inquiry, unfortunately for the vehicles 2021, lock and unlock functions are not available.
It will be available again in vehicles 2022.
We remain at your disposal for any further inquiries you might have. You may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800-2797508. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference number 508426 for a quick follow-up.
We wish you always a safe drive with your Volkswagen Transporter.
Yours faithfully
Your Digital Service Team
What the hell, that’s outrageous :mad:
Gutted for you GG
MY20 works
Unlock and Lock.
I was miffed about the pre heat for night heater not being on there.
The unlock feature is handy when you don’t want to get the keys and somebody wants something out the B

• Agree
well that sucks! I guess it explains why its not obvious on how to set this up, or not as the case might be now.

oh well I guess its more secure not having this option, although I would have liked the remote heating option ..

hey ho,.

I’m going to ask them if it will be added to retrospectively. After all, it can only be software surely?

Lock & Unlock using We Connect.

OK so here’s their answer. (Ignore the first bit, it relates to a persistent tyre pressure warning in the App even though the car says that all is OK)

Dear Mr Sparkes,
We would like to inform you that if your vehicle’s tier pressure is in check than you should not worry about it. In case the warning persists for a substantial amount of time, please contact us again so we can investigate it.
The Lock and Unlock feature unfortunately is not present on the model year 2021. It will only be available again in MY 2022. We have not received any communication about the possibility of retrofitting this service.
We remain at your disposal for any further inquiries regarding your digital Services. You may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800 – 27 97 508 (around the clock, 7 days a week). We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference number: 0000508426 for a quick follow-up.
We wish you always a safe journey with your Volkswagen Transporter.
Yours faithfully,
Your Digital Services Team K so here's their answer.

Lock & Unlock using We Connect.

OK so here’s their answer. (Ignore the first bit, it relates to a persistent tyre pressure warning in the App even though the car says that all is OK)

Dear Mr Sparkes,
We would like to inform you that if your vehicle’s tier pressure is in check than you should not worry about it. In case the warning persists for a substantial amount of time, please contact us again so we can investigate it.
The Lock and Unlock feature unfortunately is not present on the model year 2021. It will only be available again in MY 2022. We have not received any communication about the possibility of retrofitting this service.
We remain at your disposal for any further inquiries regarding your digital Services. You may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800 – 27 97 508 (around the clock, 7 days a week). We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference number: 0000508426 for a quick follow-up.
We wish you always a safe journey with your Volkswagen Transporter.
Yours faithfully,
Your Digital Services Team K so here's their answer.
Crazy - mine’s a MY20 and have it but why not MY21? In my view, the app in general is a huge disappointment in what is otherwise an amazing vehicle.. the absence of heater controls, being able to send routes to the vehicle and now looking/unlocking render it nothing more than a status update - shame.

Gutted I have had the feature now for the last 5 years on MB and Skoda, great when you get in the house and realise you haven't locked up, mind you my Skoda locked today on its own after 5 minutes I must watch that I had my keys in my pocket fortunately, but no phone on me!

Crazy - mine’s a MY20 and have it but why not MY21? In my view, the app in general is a huge disappointment in what is otherwise an amazing vehicle.. the absence of heater controls, being able to send routes to the vehicle and now looking/unlocking render it nothing more than a status update - shame.
I agree. No real benefit in the App especially for MY21 Cali’s. I just get a view of stuff that the car tells me anyway and no remote functionality worth having at present.

It's clearly an App that is going backwards, strange considering other VW's have them and more? Maybe the commercial world doesn't want the employees playing with too many toys. German logic is sometimes difficult to understand, they become very rigid and difficult to convince and make them change their way. MB are the same. Lived there for 12 years and have a fair understanding.

I agree. No real benefit in the App especially for MY21 Cali’s. I just get a view of stuff that the car tells me anyway and no remote functionality worth having at present.
Does the app actually have the functionality of at least telling you if the vehicle is locked as well as the parked location? Still awaiting my week 41 btw, slow progress but has allegedly made Sheerness now!

Does the app actually have the functionality of at least telling you if the vehicle is locked as well as the parked location? Still awaiting my week 41 btw, slow progress but has allegedly made Sheerness now!
Yes tells me it’s locked, position on a map, range, etc. Some useful things but no worthwhile remote control other than flashing the lights and sounding the horn. Turning the Aux Heater would be very useful.

8AFF3114-75A4-417E-A6FF-5A1A7DB73107.png

ACAA72DA-EF94-4CA4-8885-E22A642E8287.png

6ED96623-01C4-4187-8C5E-48A7A4E31DDE.png

63AA2D20-0E8A-4526-8DAB-1DEA0B1C3125.png

6B57EF14-65A5-4E5E-8B48-6E11C0F8A9A6.png
It’s madness why they changed it from MY20 to MY21 !

@GrumpyGranddad
At the risk of making you more grumpy, I had an apple app update today and the first thing it told me was there are new licences in the shop for me ..
After i logged in I’m presented with this ! (Bearing in mind I’m already a We connect plus user for the next 3 years) :.And the 2 options I’d actually like (locking and remote heater!) VW clearly have no idea what they are offering!

9EF39D11-2525-4E3B-9C58-62ACFCCE59D8.png

@GrumpyGranddad
At the risk of making you more grumpy, I had an apple app update today and the first thing it told me was there are new licences in the shop for me ..
After i logged in I’m presented with this ! (Bearing in mind I’m already a We connect plus user for the next 3 years) :.And the 2 options I’d actually like (locking and remote heater!) VW clearly have no idea what they are offering!

View attachment 69962
Hi Zippster,
Yes, i’m resigned to it’s current limitations :-(

@GrumpyGranddad

View attachment 69962

So one pays a premium for the upgrade, and one is then nickel-and-dimed for additional, software enabled features? If so, it would confirm my suspicions that ‘monetising’ of features may be the reason behind the changes in the app, and the ‘is-it-or-isn’t-it‘ included in its feature set.

I guess there’s the opportunity to develop this, with a ‘pay-per-click’ for so many locks and unlocks per month...

I’ll wager there‘s a Millennial in the marketing department behind this.

IIRC BMW tried this recently with Apple CarPlay, with the choice of a one-off or an annual fee payable for the activation of the feature. It came and quietly went following consumer push-back.

So one pays a premium for the upgrade, and one is then nickel-and-dimed for additional, software enabled features? If so, it would confirm my suspicions that ‘monetising’ of features may be the reason behind the changes in the app, and the ‘is-it-or-isn’t-it‘ included in its feature set.

I guess there’s the opportunity to develop this, with a ‘pay-per-click’ for so many locks and unlocks per month...

I’ll wager there‘s a Millennial in the marketing department behind this.

IIRC BMW tried this recently with Apple CarPlay, with the choice of a one-off or an annual fee payable for the activation of the feature. It came and quietly went following consumer push-back.
I’ve got back to We Connect support on this issue and await their response.
I, like many, already have We Connect Plus as part of the Discover Media Pro package. I expect their answer will be the same but worth another challenge.

I’ve got back to We Connect support on this issue and await their response.
I, like many, already have We Connect Plus as part of the Discover Media Pro package. I expect their answer will be the same but worth another challenge.

thing is I went to purchase it and it told me I already have it until nov 2023. So surely I / we should have the features they suggest we can have if we parted with the monies ..

Hmm.. I might call them also.