Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Webasto heater fitted.

Dave Omni

Dave Omni

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
IMG_5144.JPG IMG_5149.JPG I decided after a year to have a Webasto Airtop 2000 fitted to my T6 California Beach. I am absolutely delighted with the result. I used Hammond Auto in Guildford who are Webasto suppliers and service agents and Dave ( who owns a T6 Kombi) went the extra mile and fitted the VW vents and ducts to the b pillar. The result is a perfect finish with a three year warrantee and the fact that I will be using my Beach a lot more this winter.

Sounds great. Camping all year round now. :thumb

How long did it take them to install?

Last edited:
I left it with him for three days so that he could order the correct parts but if you contact him I am sure that he could help.

My last one had one fitted and I've got one on the new order too. :thumb

It looks very neat and I'm sure will be useful for others who haven't got them installed to review. Thanks for posting it.

Think the big Q many would the answer on is :
Did you saved any money compared to having it factory fitted?

Looks good & your controller looks more sophisticated than my red-to-blue thermostat dial (fitted at Exploria near Leeds).

Have fun!

Hammond auto installed my heater to, nice guy but busy. I asked him to install my exhaust to the rear of the Beach, idea being if a winter awning is fitted the exhaust fumes would enter the awning.

Nice.
I like the controls. Does it have a remote or app controlled

Very nice install. Do you mind confirming how much this cost?

Also, Just wondering if it is possible to have a heater retrofitted using the same vents and CONTROLS that come from the factory?

Very nice install. Do you mind confirming how much this cost?

Also, Just wondering if it is possible to have a heater retrofitted using the same vents and CONTROLS that come from the factory?

Nothing is impossible, but I’ve not seen an overhead factory controller retrofitted personally. IMO it’d be more trouble than it’s worth, but then I always choose the simplest way that works.

I thought about the remote & phone app, but it’s just more unnecessary complexity.

I have that controller it's great. The only criticism of the webasto is because the air intake is in the right side footwell, the thermostat for the cab is not very accurate. I think its because the warm air doesnt really get back there easily especially if the seats are swivelled. The difference between what you set and what you get is far apart.

If I set to 21c my eyes will dry up. I have purchased the room temp sensor to fit in the hope it will be more useful. Generally 12 - 15c is the realistic setting but it varies by the weather. Frustratingly that controller has an internal thermostat but the heater doesnt use it.

Would recommend the extra £30 for a room temp sensor if you get a webasto, Ill let you know if mine works.

I have that controller it's great. The only criticism of the webasto is because the air intake is in the right side footwell, the thermostat for the cab is not very accurate. I think its because the warm air doesnt really get back there easily especially if the seats are swivelled. The difference between what you set and what you get is far apart.

If I set to 21c my eyes will dry up. I have purchased the room temp sensor to fit in the hope it will be more useful. Generally 12 - 15c is the realistic setting but it varies by the weather. Frustratingly that controller has an internal thermostat but the heater doesnt use it.

Would recommend the extra £30 for a room temp sensor if you get a webasto, Ill let you know if mine works.
Hi Matt, Just got mine fitted and absolutely loving it. You never came back to this thread, how did the room temp sensor work in the end? Made me laugh, 'eyes dry up', as I've got mine on 21 degree and it does get hot!

Back