Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

WeConnect+

Octobus

Octobus

Cali on order
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Has anyone managed to configure the phone app for WeConnect+ ?
The Dicover Nav Pro comes with a subscription. I think that I have successfully set that up on the unit, but when I downloaded the ios app, it asked for a dataplug. I have contacted my dealer and they say that they will need to order a dataplug at a cost of £41.00. Anyone else been able to connect to the app and if so did you purchase the dataplug? Many thanks.

Has anyone managed to configure the phone app for WeConnect+ ?
The Dicover Nav Pro comes with a subscription. I think that I have successfully set that up on the unit, but when I downloaded the ios app, it asked for a dataplug. I have contacted my dealer and they say that they will need to order a dataplug at a cost of £41.00. Anyone else been able to connect to the app and if so did you purchase the dataplug? Many thanks.
Downloaded the App and added my van with no problem at all. Did not have to buy a dataplug. Is your van new?

Downloaded the App and added my van with no problem at all. Did not have to buy a dataplug. Is your van new?

Been that long almost forgot about this.

Mines expired and now £70 so will pass.

Mike

thanks GG. yes, van is new -collected Mid December 2020. Can I ask which App you downloaded.
thanks

The WeConnect App as per photo.
The MyVW app only applies to VW cars I believe.

Attachments

• 3A2D4E11-843F-4885-8454-04FEC83189C9.png
    3A2D4E11-843F-4885-8454-04FEC83189C9.png
    270.6 KB · Views: 21
I’ve got WeConnect working and I also downloaded WeConnect Go thinking I might get extra features but like Octobus it asked for the dataplug. When I looked into it I couldnt really see the point - it would maybe give some additional driving style data but I am not really bothered about that. I am mildly disappointed that WeConnect cannot remotely lock/unlock the vehicle.

I’ve got WeConnect working and I also downloaded WeConnect Go thinking I might get extra features but like Octobus it asked for the dataplug. When I looked into it I couldnt really see the point - it would maybe give some additional driving style data but I am not really bothered about that. I am mildly disappointed that WeConnect cannot remotely lock/unlock the vehicle.
Nor switching on the Aux Heater.
VW Digital team told me some time ago that those 2 features were available on MY20 vans and will be again on MY22 vans but NOT on MY21 vans! I’m hoping that a software update will ‘fix’ this but am not hopeful.

Nor switching on the Aux Heater.
VW Digital team told me some time ago that those 2 features were available on MY20 vans and will be again on MY22 vans but NOT on MY21 vans! I’m hoping that a software update will ‘fix’ this but am not hopeful.
That is nothing short of bizarre. Why would they do that?

Having fun with my We connect too. Cali ocean 6.1 MY21. Seemed to work for a while but now seems intermittent at best. Most of the time not able to be updated. VW digital said they’d sent a technical fix to garage, but fix is for VW cars not VW commercial apparently. Still exploring to what extent the We Connect thing is possible/ available/ functional on Calis..... will report in due course. Interested in any other experience - esp if you have reliable connection on a 6.1!

Having fun with my We connect too. Cali ocean 6.1 MY21. Seemed to work for a while but now seems intermittent at best. Most of the time not able to be updated. VW digital said they’d sent a technical fix to garage, but fix is for VW cars not VW commercial apparently. Still exploring to what extent the We Connect thing is possible/ available/ functional on Calis..... will report in due course. Interested in any other experience - esp if you have reliable connection on a 6.1!
Its very frustrating isn't it, particularly when, in our case we paid for the media unit upgrade, in part for this service, which is currently not working at all for us!

I think the ‘fix’ is available for the Cali’.

As mentioned previously my dealership called me to book my van in following the WeConnect Digital Team advising them of what to do.
The fix will only sort out errors shown in the App i.e. the App says the van is unlocked when it is in fact locked.
The fix won’t add the functionality we all want and have paid for i.e. remote control of Aux Heater and remote control of locking/unlocking.
It’s a real pain because the lock/unlock feature would be great if you inadvertently locked your key in the van.

If its any consolation to you 2021MY chaps, my 2020MY after the update doesn't have the heater control on the app. I do have lock & unlock working though.

Having driven to work today I appear to have an added feature called "silence". doesn't matter what source you choose: CarPlay, media, the radio or a phone call all you get out the speakers is pure silence.......

Just finished off a bad day looking at building sites perfectly.

If its any consolation to you 2021MY chaps, my 2020MY after the update doesn't have the heater control on the app. I do have lock & unlock working though.

Having driven to work today I appear to have an added feature called "silence". doesn't matter what source you choose: CarPlay, media, the radio or a phone call all you get out the speakers is pure silence.......

Just finished off a bad day looking at building sites perfectly.
What is it with VW software? Very poor!

Just been out to the van & now all working properly. Lets see what happens next.

I have tried and failed to use it. After contacting VW I am told my Beach does not have the "Security & Service" package that would give me the more interesting stuff. All I get is "My Points of Interest" which is about to be discontinued, and the phone number of the garage that did the service! Oh, and I can request a useless 'health report' that takes hours to arrive.
To be fair, I bought the vehicle already built so did not spec it, and did not know about WeConnect so it's no great loss. My wife is happy to tell me if I am driving outside her parameters so I don't need a computer to be on her side as well...

Loaded up weconnect for my old 6.1, realised it was useless, clunky and a way into VW charging you monthly for wifi plus a way of data capture / factory owning your contact details rather than the dealer/ GDPR bypass/ delving into your privacy so didnt re order on new 6.1. According to my German ex VW colleague it was very poorly received by owners and part of a semi failed initiative for VW to be a ‘service provider’

Back