Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weight limit?

C

cdjpb

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all,

I'm hopeful of buying a California Ocean next year and in terms of sleeping arrangements, I wondered if the roof top bed had a weight limit?

I weigh 100kg and my wife.....er.......75kg (I think) but for many beds in VW conversions that appears to be way over the weight limit of the roof top bed.

Thanks, JB

A few threads on this, but not sure that there is a maximum, however I think there are plenty examples of combined weights that are greater than yours :happy

Should be fine up there as long you both are not sitting on the edge at thesame time

Many asked this question already, but I actually never ever heard about a roof that collapsed. The best answer I remember was: If you can get up there, you can sleep there - your safe. Despite the fact that there is an official VW limit off cause, which I can't remember … don't mess around up there, sleep tight … zzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZ … ;-)

Just spent a couple of weeks sleeping up top with the missus (combined weight c.160kg) with no ill effects. The bed flexes a fair amount when you move around, but I think that's more the sprung slats than the baseboard.

As mentioned, I've never heard of one breaking. My old T4 bed did bend a bit under similar circumstances, but you could bend it back with your shoulder and a firm push!

Can anyone shed any light on what’s the maximum weight you can have on the ‘upstairs’ bed please ?

hi all as there seemed no comclusion to the weight limit for the upper bed of tha California Ocean I contacted VW today to ask the question and they replied that it was 150kg.

hi all as there seemed no comclusion to the weight limit for the upper bed of tha California Ocean I contacted VW today to ask the question and they replied that it was 150kg.

It is in the manual.

Bed load 150kg.

2e78e9374dea9ac4be9e00cfccdb4943.jpg

Back