Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

'Welcome screen of death' - RNS510

Mosstrooper

Mosstrooper

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I've got the dreaded 'welcome screen of death' on my sat nav/audio unit on a 14 plate van. The welcome screen just keeps rebooting to nothing. I've tried the soft rebooting options and now had it at the VW dealer this morning for a potential software update, however because a CD is already stuck in there VW can not get there update software CD in. Anyone else had a similar problem? as VW are saying it's not cost effective to dismantle the whole unit to enable a repair that might not work anyway. Can you get the stuck CD out of there without dismantling the unit?

Did they try the hold down the left and right arrows and the furthest right top button which should be a star.

If that doesnt work it may be the Hard drive inside thats failed or may need a firmware update which if you cant get teh cd out may be a challenge

Thanks MattBW , yes tried the 3 button reboot. No joy.

I had a stuck cd in my wifes Audi.

I removed the unit and removed the top cover, to gain access. The cd was plain to see.

As long as you do not dislodge the laser reading head then it can be done.

It works perfectly now.

The cd had a warp which prevented it being ejected.

I had a stuck cd in my wifes Audi.

I removed the unit and removed the top cover, to gain access. The cd was plain to see.

As long as you do not dislodge the laser reading head then it can be done.

It works perfectly now.

The cd had a warp which prevented it being ejected.
Thanks Alan, sounds doable.

If that doesnt work it may be the Hard drive inside thats failed or may need a firmware update which if you cant get teh cd out may be a challenge
Unfortunately the software update supplied by VAG has to be done via the CD player with a CD.

Unfortunately the software update supplied by VAG has to be done via the CD player with a CD.
Talk to Hazzydayz. They might be able to help.

Back