Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Welcome to our new forum moderators

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Better late than never, but a big welcome to our brand new forum moderators.

@GrannyJen
@MattBW
@Slovenia
@reserves

They are not just here for telling people off! We also plan to get the forum tidied up over the coming months as it has grown so much over the last six months and we are looking to create some new sections and sub categories to make threads and posts easier to find.

Also if anyone has any suggestions for the forum please let us know.

Thanks all of you for volunteering ..

Thanks to ALL the moderators not only the new......;)

I would like to see a "FAQ" section and perhaps a "How to" section perhaps with pictures/photos so newbies can find out the basic do's and don'ts, tips etc so we can minimise repeat threads/questions for newcomers . This could also cover common faults and repair guides in detail for more experienced owners.
Keep up the good work folks. :bananadance

I would like to see a "FAQ" section and perhaps a "How to" section perhaps with pictures/photos so newbies can find out the basic do's and don'ts, tips etc so we can minimise repeat threads/questions for newcomers . This could also cover common faults and repair guides in detail for more experienced owners.

+1 for the above

Then my wish is that newbies only can put a first post afther reading all the FAQ and the How to section......:headbang

Well, not only thanks to the moderators but also the staff and admin and anyone else who has a hand in running this wonderful forum!

Great job! :thumb

+1 for the above

Then my wish is that newbies only can put a first post afther reading all the FAQ and the How to section......:headbang

...still reading :)
Congratulation! I like the pics from Slovenia, the positiv comments and answers from MattBW and the great help and advices from GrannyJen!
In general this forum/board has a great positiv spirit with all kind of Cali owners!

Keep on going!

Thanks for giving your time, it's appreciated :thumb
I use new posts to find things. Please keep that!

Better late than never, but a big welcome to our brand new forum moderators.

@GrannyJen
@MattBW
@Slovenia
@reserves

They are not just here for telling people off! We also plan to get the forum tidied up over the coming months as it has grown so much over the last six months and we are looking to create some new sections and sub categories to make threads and posts easier to find.

Also if anyone has any suggestions for the forum please let us know.

Thanks all of you for volunteering ..

Thanks for giving up your time. This is a great forum.

I am addicted what more can I say other than thanks to all who keep it working :)

Well done everyone I like the new matt much more than the old one!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Just adding my thanks to everyone involved with this forum. It helped me enormously in choosing the spec of my van. This forum continues to educate, inform and inspire me to get out and enjoy life in my Cal.
Improving the search function to limit multiple threads and a How To section please

Thanks for all the hard work Moderators. Hands down the best ÂŁ10 I've spent.

The laughs have been worth it, let alone the technical advice!

One small enhancement if I may...

On the right hand side you've got "Cali Marketplace", "Latest threads" etc...

Could "Latest threads" appear at the top? Scrolling down after every refresh is a little tiresome.

Many thanks!

Great forum. Thank you.
It's been a real help with me ordering my new van.
Improved search function would be great please so I don't ask stupid questions and people groan.....not again!
There's a lot to try and navigate on the home page.
In the general section it breaks out into general, beach, T6 etc then there are further sections for T4s and T5 (T6s required soon). Could this be simplified? Have the 'Cali Wide Community' topics and then have one specific tab for T4,5 or6...where the type specific threads could go from them and they don't clutter the home page?
The danger is the site could become too fragmented.
Yes there will be a lot of vehicle specific chat but one of the reasons I'm enjoying using this forum is sharing the experiences of other users irrespective of what type of Cali they have and sometimes I only stumble upon these threads.
Hope this helps. Keep up the good work!

Ditto, I love modifications and having them all in one 'how to' place to fantasise over would be great! Good luck to the new moderators, let's make this great forum greater

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did the FAQ section ever get created? I've only been here a short time and very similar questions seem to do the rounds.

Did the FAQ section ever get created? I've only been here a short time and very similar questions seem to do the rounds.

Not yet,

however, I for one, am not a fan of "it's been asked once, do a search... read the FAQ's..... how to contact us if your query has not been answered ..... please rate our service on Trustpilot".....

What has happened is similar sorts of threads are in an evolving process of being merged, (I have merged two in the last couple of weeks) so that a simple search for a topic could throw up one thread with three or four merged threads on the same topic in it.

It is a delicate balance. Regular users obviously find it tedious to see the same topics crop up over and over again - and often the same arguments - but new members also need to feel that they can have a voice, are part of this forum, can feel free to ask away and also not everyone is familiar with how forums work.

It is not cut and dried. If I had the time I would love to sit down and work on it but it would be a labour of love.

and as I talk .... one of WG's professional ex-colleagues has just walked in to talk about sending me to sleep later on in the day so must go, dreaming of happy cali's as I go :D

Have a good snooze!

I tend to agree on the FAQ

Definitely a good idea to do a search as you may well not need to go further. If the issue has been covered before it is then fairly simple to add your question to that thread if appropriate to stimulate new debate or if relevant start a new thread. Hopefully that would also keep things tidy.

Definitely better to ask though if your not sure.

I for some reason still find it easier to search the web using the below to find hits on this site. Example below:-

site:vwcaliforniaclub.com bike

Just type that into search engine and substitute the word bike for whatever you are looking for and you are sorted

Mike

If you're really lazy like me (or just search a lot) you can even define that as a search engine in Chrome:
And then you can just type (for example):

vwc bike​

in the address bar in Chrome and it will search for it :thumb

This is the best approach since the search within the site, is unable to deal with "FAQ" and "ACC" for example. Where as the method above has no such limits. :thumb