Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Well done the BBC

Algor

Algor

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
And other media outlets! After 30 or so Petrol stations were shut down or suffered shortages over the last week due to driver shortages, the media goes into full on panic mode telling people on the breakfast news that there is a fuel crisis. There isn't and there wasn't however, the result is that people have been queuing for hours for fuel, filling their cars and jerry cans with more fuel than they would use in a month, bleeding petrol stations dry and generally causing fear and confusion. The media has to stop doing this, they need to be held to account for this.

It caused me a lot of pain today, literally.

I had an emergency appointment to see my dentist after a hitherto well mannered tooth developed a large pulsating mass of pain around it's root, but thanks to those choosing with lemming-like stupidity to block roads to queue for petrol it took me 40 minutes longer than normal. I missed my appointment and had to sit for another hour in the waiting room waiting to be seen.

My mood was even further worsened on the way home when the queues were equally as bad and I had just been told I had to lay off booze for 10 days (metrodinazole antibiotics).

I find some of the views here .............. surprising. If there is no fuel crisis, and if this all the fault of the media, why are government ministers "working on plans for a temporary visa scheme to make it easier for foreign lorry drivers to come to the UK. It comes as a shortage of hauliers threatens more disruption to deliveries of petrol, food and other goods."

Now, I know I've quoted the BBC here, but I cannot believe that this is yet another media conspiracy! That would mean that there was a conspiracy to invent fuel shortages, then a conspiracy to report the invented shortages, and then a further conspiracy to pretend that the government was doing something about a non-existent crisis!

And other media outlets! After 30 or so Petrol stations were shut down or suffered shortages over the last week due to driver shortages, the media goes into full on panic mode telling people on the breakfast news that there is a fuel crisis. There isn't and there wasn't however, the result is that people have been queuing for hours for fuel, filling their cars and jerry cans with more fuel than they would use in a month, bleeding petrol stations dry and generally causing fear and confusion. The media has to stop doing this, they need to be held to account for this.
Then why didn't you title the thread well done media ! BBC gets bashed simply because it reports the facts and unlike most other media isn't owned by multi millionaires /billionaires or companies with their own agenda & interests and hence is perceived to be bias when in effect it is probably the most neutral news channels out there. Agree though that the overall media need to be much more responsible

Just suggested that Mrs Pod uses the ebike for work on Monday.
That’s me in the spare room tonight!

Now, I know I've quoted the BBC here, but I cannot believe that this is yet another media conspiracy! That would mean that there was a conspiracy to invent fuel shortages, then a conspiracy to report the invented shortages, and then a further conspiracy to pretend that the government was doing something about a non-existent crisis!
Coincides with the start of the Labour Party conference in Brighton.

I find some of the views here .............. surprising. If there is no fuel crisis, and if this all the fault of the media, why are government ministers "working on plans for a temporary visa scheme to make it easier for foreign lorry drivers to come to the UK. It comes as a shortage of hauliers threatens more disruption to deliveries of petrol, food and other goods."

I don’t think there’s a conspiracy but what doesn’t seem to get reported much is that there is a Europe wide driver shortage, not just a UK shortage.

I didn't say it was a conspiracy. It is pure click bait news, take a small issue, magnify it by 1,000 and feed it to the masses as news. There was no problem with fuel, if everyone had continued as normal then everything would have been normal. It's completely a media made crisis and they should be made accountable for it. The government have made it perfectly clear that they don't want to introduce a visa scheme for foreign drivers as it drives down wages and was the cause of the driver shortage in the first place! If I were the next minister live on BBC breakfast then I would demanding that Charlie State make a public apology seeing as he demands it of them every morning.

Just to back up your view I noted that the BBC this morning managed to site a reporter live on a Forecourt with no fuel as part of the 'Crisis' whilst stating that the Forecourt further down the same road was open as usual with fuel available. They obviously didn't site the Reporter there with a 'there is no fuel shortage' headline.

I was going to my sons yesterday morning and the van was on fumes so thought id get some juice on the way. Dropped into my local garage and filled with 82 quids worth. When i came back queue was about quater of a mile long. I didnt know about all this until i got home and saw the news……..phew, lucky break at last.

IMG-20210925-WA0008.jpg

I didn't say it was a conspiracy. It is pure click bait news, take a small issue, magnify it by 1,000 and feed it to the masses as news. There was no problem with fuel, if everyone had continued as normal then everything would have been normal. It's completely a media made crisis and they should be made accountable for it. The government have made it perfectly clear that they don't want to introduce a visa scheme for foreign drivers as it drives down wages and was the cause of the driver shortage in the first place! If I were the next minister live on BBC breakfast then I would demanding that Charlie State make a public apology seeing as he demands it of them every morning.
Er, it is widely reported that they are planning a visa scheme for foreign drivers.

Back