Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Westbury - Heritage

A

AndyFromTheBrac

Guest User
So some of you may have read my whine when my EGR valve was replaced whilst the Cali was in for the roof corrosion repair; http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/egr-valve-extreme-shortage-of-spare-parts-warning.9802/

I'd refrained from posting negative comments elsewhere as I really feel that this helps no-one, however I feel I should report my experience, which is still on-going.

My main concern has been the sneakiness and the way they have tried to hide what has happened. Everyone makes mistakes, but it's how you deal with it... etc etc...

TCALSS after a lot of ups and downs and delays whilst fitting the EGR valve, they had broken my front bumper (and numberplate) whilst it had been removed for access. They declined to mention this, just that it was "taking more time" and it was only the slip of one of their guys a few days later that mentioned "your new bumper is here now and being painted..." that made me aware anything was amiss. Why didn't they just tell me?

If that wasn't bad enough, let's fast forward a couple of months whilst I'm merrily jet washing the front. I notice one of the front parking sensors moves inwards. On closer inspection it's been refitted with a block of Styrofoam behind it, wedged in between bumper and chassis, "secured" by double-sided tape.

It beggars belief that this could actually happen at a VW franchised dealer. It has taken me months to get them to remedy it (the Cali is with them now, watch this space). My argument with VWCS has largely fallen on deaf ears. I did not want Heritage to touch my car again as I am concerned that if they cover things up in this way, what else could they have done that I can't see? VWCS maintain that the dealer must be allowed to rectify the issue (understandable, but see above!). Plus they're a good hour or so away from me and only had this work whilst the roof was being repaired, there are two closer dealers which I would rather use.

Today they arrived to pick up with the loan vehicle being a panel van, despite me requiring a regular car (we've a 3-year old, they know all this). It does not bode well...

Sorry to hear of your experience it sounds pretty shocking.
I've just had my cali back from them after 3 weeks for the roof corrosion repair to both the front panel and elevating roof. They've done an excellent job but was disappointed with the state of the interior with heavy water staining to both front seats and a couple of oily fingerprints on the headrests.
Have cleaned the seats and am waiting for them to dry out to see what they look like before ringing them.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I am sorry you have had a bad experience with Westbury. Bodging like that isn't acceptable.

I haven't experience that, always found them efficient and professional.

Alan

That's shocking. One for Trading Standards.

Well I got my Cali back safe and sound. The repair looks properly done now (and they haven't broken anything else that I can see!). However I've not received a single word from them other than a call to let me know it was on it's way back (and that guy wasn't even sure what had been done). The guy who dropped her off was "just the delivery guy" and he didn't have any information either.

So afterwards there's no apology and no checking that everything is now ok.

I'm not looking for anything else, I don't think I'm being unreasonable in expecting that.

All I would say to anyone else using them (especially for the roof repair, as they are one of the nominated repair centres) is to take a LOT of pictures of your pride and joy before you let them have it (ideally done at their premises as you hand it over) and compare when it comes back or you pick up.

I'll second the terrible service from heritage, see my new post and rant about heritage bristol