Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Westfalia

T

TimboG

Vehicle
T5 HighTop
Hi all . It’s some time since I posted but just thought I would mention that I went to the Yorkshire Show last week and saw for the first time a brand new VW Westfalia . For 68 k it needs to be good but my goodness it is beautiful. It was the 66 one with twin tone red and white with red and white interior trim . We noticed that the pop top mattress was like a plastic webbing under the mattress itself if that makes sense . Is a California like that ? It looked incredibly comfortable. We have a converted van and the upper “bed” is just a thin mattress on hardboard ! I presume the Westfalia is the long wheel base version of the California ( or similar ) ?

Hi TimboG

I can’t belive no one has responded to your post yet.

The upper bed in the Cali is a full width metal frame which carries a wooden (sprung) bed frame, similar to some conventional beds, this is then covered by a removable mattress.
Very comfy just like a normal bed in your house

Hi TimboG

I can’t belive no one has responded to your post yet.

The upper bed in the Cali is a full width metal frame which carries a wooden (sprung) bed frame, similar to some conventional beds, this is then covered by a removable mattress.
Very comfy just like a normal bed in your house
2 x 1.2 m nice soft pop top sides so no problems with length or width, couple with a nice soft Dunhelm topper and a king sized down duvet and you sleep like at home.
Whilst access will require some agility most on here can manage.

Thanks for that Perfecto. Does anyone know of anywhere that could put a similar slatted bed in a pop top that already has an inadequate bed in place ?