Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We've begun the journey

Nottledim

Nottledim

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We have just reserved a Cali that we hope to take delivery of in late March. It's very exciting!

Welcome along :thumb let the fun begin. Let us know more like where have you bought it from :?: what colour and spec have you chosen :?: Sorry for all the questions just nosey :thumb
Time to accessorise :thumb

We are getting one of the preregistered vans from Liverpool. So colour and spec is predetermined but its a brown 180ps to which I am adding a detachable tow bar because we already have an Altura bike rack.
We are going to see it next week
:D

We have had ours for over two years now still a fantastic feel good factor when we go away in it. Sometimes we only go 15 miles or so but a night away can feel like a lot longer an excellent reset button. You will enjoy and the excitement stays.

Looking through the posts the purchase of a roof cover is something we need to do if we go north. And we do intend to go to Shetland and Orkney.

Any views on which version is best? (I know there will be).

Just been to Liverpool to meet the Cali. It's very brown! We played with the roof and generally poked around but there is lots to learn, like how to turn the seats and the least inelegant way to get into roof. Are the arm rests strong enough to stand on?

We take delivery in March so the next real task is to plan the first trip.

:D

It's a manual 180 with a few bits added.

Good day you have had then :thumb :thumb I always open the door when turning the seats
The last owner didn't causing marks to the door card and no the armrests are not strong enough
To stand on.I always stand on the seat pull myself up whilst putting my foot on the seat next to the headrest for the final push. That's if I get the chance to sleep in the roof the kids usually
Beat me too it :laugh2

Thanks for the advice. We will practice and practice but will leave the arm rests alone.
It was a good day!

The drivers seat needs to be in a certain position to turn it around,
when we'd found the right position we put a matching pencil mark top and bottom to make it easy to find each time :)

" we do intend to go to Shetland and Orkney"
---
I just wanted to ask if you made it to the Shetlands or Orkneys? We are considering a trip to Mainland Orkney and Fair Isle and didn't know the best way to see these two Islands and bring the Cali. Ideas would be really appreciated.