Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s best steering lock ?

• Thread starter Lozza666marmite
  • Start date
L

Lozza666marmite

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Hi , just purchased a Cali 2009 please could you tell me the best steering lock to get please ? Wasn’t sure if one size fits all or Halfords is good enough ?

We use a Disklok on ours. Recommended by my brother in law who drives an old Defender 90 that you can open with a spoon, but it hasn't been stolen yet - and neither has our Cali - touchwood! ;) Small size fits the steering wheel. It's a bit unwieldy, but I think it's a decent enough deterrent.

Last edited:
Another vote for Didklok. They also sell a little elasticated cover to protect the leather steering wheel, if you have one.

We use a Disklok on ours. Recommended by my brother in law who drives an old Defender 90 that you can open with a spoon, but it hasn't been stolen yet - and neither has our Cali - touchwood! ;) Small size fits the steering wheel. It's a bit unwieldy, but I think it's a decent enough deterrent.
Which size did you buy please ?

I was always told, but not sure if this is true, that if you have one that's not a disk, but a stick, thieves will just saw through your steering wheel to remove the lock and drive off. As a steering wheel is easily replaced.

I was always told, but not sure if this is true, that if you have one that's not a disk, but a stick, thieves will just saw through your steering wheel to remove the lock and drive off. As a steering wheel is easily replaced.
Yes I heard that too so we bought the full disclock instead

Turn the seat around and put a large padlock through the seat slide mechanism. Put a lock on either side for longe term security.