Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What air pressure?

Toot-toot

Toot-toot

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Has anyone got 255/45r18 tyres fitted? What air pressure have you used for the front and the rear? The sticker in the door panel for the originals showed higher for the front pair. But we have been told one pressure for all four. We are interested to know if you have been told different to 3.1
Thank you :)

Has anyone got 255/45r18 tyres fitted? What air pressure have you used for the front and the rear? The sticker in the door panel for the originals showed higher for the front pair. But we have been told one pressure for all four. We are interested to know if you have been told different to 3.1
Thank you :)
The Front is Heavier than the Rear - Engine + Passengers, when Lightly Loaded, no camping stuff or water etc:
But, on mine it is the same for Front and Rear when Loaded, in my case 44psi

The Front is Heavier than the Rear - Engine + Passengers, when Lightly Loaded, no camping stuff or water etc:
But, on mine it is the same for Front and Rear when Loaded, in my case 44psi
Thanks Welsh gas what do you run at unloaded ie every day travel?

Thanks Welsh gas what do you run at unloaded ie every day travel?
Apart from water in the tank it is fully loaded as we use it so often. I run it at 44psi front and back, but it is the heavier 180 and also 4Motion.

44 - 36 lightest load
48 - 48 heaviest load

With variations for in-between loads...

Tyre_Pressures_Med.jpg

3.2 all around on my 18´s.
Thanks for the info I have just checked the pressure label on the inside of the door and it actually shows the stats fir the new wheels silly me should have looked doh.......
3.1 / 44 front n rear for heavy and 3.0/43 front 2.7/39 fir light.
:thanks

interesting observation. When I had my tyres changed they inflated to recommended pressure for an unloaded transporter, 36psi, as that is what the data sheet said.

Naturally before I wheeled away I asked them to inflate all 4 to 45 psi, the loaded weight according to the door plate. "how often is it fully loaded" I was asked, rather scornfully.

Now, given the weight of the Haldex, the camping furniture, kitchen and fridge, the generally half full water tank, the permanently filled clothes drawers and cupboards plus all cooking stuff, I felt quite secure in saying "more or less always". I thought the tyre man was going to go nuts, but finally resolved to give me his "Stupid woman driver" look.

interesting observation. When I had my tyres changed they inflated to recommended pressure for an unloaded transporter, 36psi, as that is what the data sheet said.

Naturally before I wheeled away I asked them to inflate all 4 to 45 psi, the loaded weight according to the door plate. "how often is it fully loaded" I was asked, rather scornfully.

Now, given the weight of the Haldex, the camping furniture, kitchen and fridge, the generally half full water tank, the permanently filled clothes drawers and cupboards plus all cooking stuff, I felt quite secure in saying "more or less always". I thought the tyre man was going to go nuts, but finally resolved to give me his "Stupid woman driver" look.
We also carry food, bedding, fully loaded kitchen etc so we had to be sure, like you, that we had the right pressure. And although they said what to inflate them to when we checked they were low!!!

Back