Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What an adventure... our Memory Maker is home

simplek1

simplek1

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Yesterday, we, my husband, three boys and my 34 week pregnant self, travelled to Snowdonia from Cambridgeshire to collect the "Memory Maker" ! We travelled to Milton Keynes and got the 9.30 train to Llandudno - an adventure in itself going along the coastal line and seeing the amazing vision of snow topped Snowdonia. We got collected by the dealership, when we arrived and experienced the best greeting at Sytner Notth Wales VW van Centre - we obviously went on the right day as they had a Gold ticket event on so we entered to Music, Balloons, and lots of Buzz - the boys were quickly whisked off to a chocolate fountain and a spread of Strawberries, Marshmallows and cakes, by a very friendly young Salesman, who looked after them and waited on us for the 3 hours we were there !!! We were introduced to Craig, who has dealt with the sale over the phone, along with the support of Jonathan - both were friendly and helpful; it soon became quite apparent that this dealership works differently to The dealerships we've been to, and the Salesman are much more laid back!! This is no bad thing, once you can see it in action, but over the phone it has been frustrating to say the least!
Anyone who has read my mutterings of the last 3 months, whilst we waited for our Beach to finish it's life as a demonstrator, will understand what a relief this already was!!
We went through to see our Beach sitting pretty in the showroom, we were talked through every aspect of it by Craig, who knew his stuff and was very patient as the boys excitedly explored what we'd been talking about for so many weeks - we then took it outside and he showed us how to raise the roof and use the camping elements! Apart from the seagulls making their presence known over the front of it, it was absolutely immaculate - Craig sorted this and took it back round to the Valeting bay for us without us having to ask...
the whole experience was perfect and exactly what we'd hoped it would be, and more; but feared it wouldn't be!!
The journey home was amazing, our first family adventure as we came back the scenic route through snowdonia national park... honestly it was a dream come true and a day all of us will never forget. Where better to buy a Beach from?!?!?

Sounds wonderful glad you enjoyed your day:thumb

Thank you for sharing such a great experience with us. How refreshing.

Great stuff , now load up and baptism it...
Spring is here....!

Note: we still don't have a seat for baby boy number 4... still on the lookout :help

So far he's got a £6.99 organiser from the petrol station and the TV mount ;) we've go some shopping to do!!

Pictures.....!!!!
:)

Very smart! Your day sound fabulous and you and your boys will always remember it Thanks for sharing.
Time for some fun shopping and outings now.

:welcome Wow what an experience it's a shame they're not all like that and what a smart looking Beach :thumb

Oooo! Nice colour.
How fantastic to make your first day such an adventure. Wonderful! Its what memories are made of. Enjoy! :):thumb

Thank you for sharing with us.:cheers

Fantastic! Sounds like the pick-up was the first of many adventures! Enjoy!

Thank you for the feedback - lovely comments mean so much from you peeps :) so this weekend "Boo" as she's now named was a football bus, a go karting bus and saw us sit down to a family meal of Fish n chips in the park (just cos we could) and breakfast after an early start for karting yesterday. Today's my birthday, so I'm really hoping me and my husband can venture off to the coast, find a nice view, have a cuppa and put the roof up for Hygge time and get back for school run

Thank you for the feedback - lovely comments mean so much from you peeps :) so this weekend "Boo" as she's now named was a football bus, a go karting bus and saw us sit down to a family meal of Fish n chips in the park (just cos we could) and breakfast after an early start for karting yesterday. Today's my birthday, so I'm really hoping me and my husband can venture off to the coast, find a nice view, have a cuppa and put the roof up for Hygge time and get back for school run

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day out in Boo. Great name by the way....glad you decided that she is a girl, bit of female solidarity! My little BT bitch is the only other female in our house, although she is a real thug lol.

So we've arrived, put the roof up and it seems when my husband put it down on one occasion over the weekend he has caught the fabric :( does anyone know how much it costs to replace? Has anyone done something similar and can provide some words of reassurance?​

It is a very common and easy thing to happen, the actual roof canvas is not cheap to replace however usually you can get some repair material if the damage isn't too large. I think it may be available in the club shop in fact.
Have a look at the bellows bungee in the club shop too, handy item that stops it happening in future.

It is a very common and easy thing to happen, the actual roof canvas is not cheap to replace however usually you can get some repair material if the damage isn't too large. I think it may be available in the club shop in fact.
Have a look at the bellows bungee in the club shop too, handy item that stops it happening in future.

That's a great little thing to invest in thank you - he has actually done it in the clip that you use to secure the roof once it is down! I actually can't believe it... I am beyond gutted! And it's my birthday :(

We have 6 holes the largest been approx 5mm diameter...

The shop on here sell tear aid an invisible waterproof repair kit

That's a big sigh of relief @Calikev, I had in my mind £1000's !! I've just been reading other posts about misalignment of the roof being accountable for things like this? Is that a common thing? I have noticed that the drivers side clip that has caught the material has been a bit stiffer than the other side