Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What are the wires underneath drivers seat

Mimi

Mimi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Could someone please tell me what the wires are underneath the drivers seat please ?
Someone has tried to swivel the seat under duress as it wouldnt swivel round and now the wires underneath have been severed .
I know one is the airbag ( the yellow connector ) which is still intact but the other wires are severed
I have tried to download a wiring diagram in the vip section but nothing loads .
The model is a 2013 California T5.1
Thank you

Heated seat?

Also some kind of cable system for the lumbar support.

And possibly a seat occupation sensor to prime the airbag, seatbelt tensioner and seatbelt nag light.

Potentially air bag wiring also, if you turn the ignition on you may get an air bag fault

I have tried to download a wiring diagram in the vip section but nothing loads .
Are you using an iPad ?
edit assuming you are using an iPad :
go to the resource download
hit the download button, then agree to the download as prompted
close the screen; go to Home Screen and select the “files” icon (or add it to your Home Screen)
open the files “recently added” & there it is !

C33BEAE4-99E4-4DF0-8E69-FB794804281B.jpeg

F7ADFFD7-C561-49C6-9CB9-8D86D9593E19.jpeg

A38273AD-4B0E-4D59-A17A-B31D2FB298AB.jpeg

889DB06E-03C4-4FE5-87A0-71AA4DCC3076.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you Perfectos that’s really helpful I will take a look . I’ve also managed to get a photo . Excuse the dirt !! :oops::oops: Brown wire and a black and white one severed . 4527482F-CAAC-4D5C-BC18-2FF12FC69064.jpeg

Seat belt warning. Air bag. Heated seat element

Could someone please tell me what the wires are underneath the drivers seat please ?
Someone has tried to swivel the seat under duress as it wouldnt swivel round and now the wires underneath have been severed .
I know one is the airbag ( the yellow connector ) which is still intact but the other wires are severed
The model is a 2013 California T5.1
Thank you
Has it got heated seats!

Has it got heated seats!
Yes . The drivers heated seat isnt working and neither is the seat belt warning as Ive tested since reading the previous replies. Ive found this thread very helpful . So looks like I need to find an auto electrician? who is savvy with these kind of issues .

Yes . The drivers heated seat isnt working and neither is the seat belt warning as Ive tested since reading the previous replies. Ive found this thread very helpful . So looks like I need to find an auto electrician? who is savvy with these kind of issues .
If it’s a Case that the wires have simply been severed, it should be possible to joint them back together easily.

It’s a pretty easy fix , as the wires are colour coded.
Anyone with a bit of soldering experience and some heat srink would be able to repair it.
At least the airbag ( yellow wires ) are not damaged.
as

Excellent . Thankyou
As you have tested it, I presume turning on the Ignition, you may have a Dashboard warning light related to the seat airbag. This warning will not go away, even when the wiring is repaired and until it is reset the Airbags won’t work. It has to be reset by a Diagnostic Computer. If, whoever you get to repair the wires cannot reset this then VW will kindly do it for about £80, or you can buy something like the Carista OBD connector from Amazon £24.99, download the free Carista app and reset it yourself, + many other things.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/?tag=eliteelect-21

Thanks WelshGas . No warnings come on about the airbag so maybe thats not affected however I will get it checked out . Great advice Many thanks to all of you

2 things not working that you don't need. Job done in my opinion

Back