Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What are these rings for?

It is strange that they are made of hard plastic...
They take up the gap between the awning casing and the folding arms when they are retracted. A soft material would just break down each time you wind the awning in and the arms 'land' on them. These plastic ones are tapered so that after initial contact the arms then slide up and inward resting on plastic surface.
The rattle this prevents is the one generated by vertical bouncing of the retracted arms at the hinge point against the bottom of the casing.

Beware they do slide apart sometimes and that renders them ineffective. All you need to do is slide them closer together again.
Also be aware....there are other ways an awning can rattle and these brackets have nothing to do with fixing those.

They take up the gap between the awning casing and the folding arms when they are retracted. A soft material would just break down each time you wind the awning in and the arms 'land' on them. These plastic ones are tapered so that after initial contact the arms then slide up and inward resting on plastic surface.
The rattle this prevents is the one generated by vertical bouncing of the retracted arms at the hinge point against the bottom of the casing.

Beware they do slide apart sometimes and that renders them ineffective. All you need to do is slide them closer together again.
Also be aware....there are other ways an awning can rattle and these brackets have nothing to do with fixing those.
Thanks for the full explanation.

As it happens I’ve just started to get the rattling noise from inside the casing - have a 2015 Cali with fitted wind out canopy. The noise is driving me mad!! Would these rings solve that problem and wit so where do I get my hands in some??

As it happens I’ve just started to get the rattling noise from inside the casing - have a 2015 Cali with fitted wind out canopy. The noise is driving me mad!! Would these rings solve that problem and wit so where do I get my hands in some??
If you have lost either of the Black foam pads positioned either side of the mid point of the rear awning casing where the folded awnings arm come to rest, then Yes, they may. If both pads are still in position, maybe not.

Pads should be where the rings are positioned.

Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 22.58.12.jpg