Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What car Shampoo you using????

Jay20cali

Jay20cali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
So Any good car wash/wax liquids out there on the market ????
have seen many pictures of this snow foam stuff haven’t got a clue how this works?
To date only really used Autosmart carnuba blend wash/wax and the standard turtle wash and wax....
I use carnuba wax a couple times a year and meguires polish ect but any good regular shampoo
Out there that You guys can recommend????

Can recommend Dooka wash shampoo. Two bucket method, hardly bother with snow foam as it doesn't seem to do that much. If really filthy I use Bilt Hamber Surfex HD diluted down and as long as it doesn't dry out will help as a pre wash to loosen up bedded in dirt. Get a good quality wash mitt and drying towel and separate alloy cleaning mitt and brush. Have used Mags in the past as a quick wash wax and it cleans ok.

So this snow foam do you spray it on then just jet wash it off or sponge it after applying the foam????
With most snow foams you need to rinse first then apply the snow foam, then either rinse or use along with shampoo in a wash bucket to help wash a really dirty vehicle. Unfortunately Snow foam doesn't really mean spray on wash off and dry (Although I wish it did!), it will still require physically washing too. Some people swear by it, but personally for me they don't really do that much other than add an extra cost and time to the wash process. If you do use it with a pressure washer and foam lance, the dilution for the foam is based upon panel impact ratio and not just the mix suggested in the foam bottle as it will differ between the flow rates of the pressure washer used. It isn't about how much foam produced it is about ratio and dwell time on the vehicle. If you go on to YouTube and search for Car Cleaning Guru, he has some good tips for cleaning.

Regular routine of Meguiars Ultimate range - Soap, Polish, Wax Detailer. Keeps paintwork deep and shiny.

Always two bucket method with Meguiars Grit Guard, Meguairs Lambswool wash mits - separate for paint x2 and alloys - and patted dry with drying towel.

I’m very particular... and have a penchant for Meguiars products if you couldn’t already tell.

F6FAE3C7-5FA1-4E8F-9039-C24B1DF592D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Weekly routine of Meguiars Ultimate range - Soap, Polish, Wax Detailer. Keeps paintwork deep and shiny.

Always two bucket method with Meguiars Grit Guard, Meguairs Lambswool wash mits - separate for paint x2 and alloys - and patted dry with drying towel.

I’m very particular... and have a penchant for Meguiars products if you couldn’t already tell.

View attachment 55921

Looks awesome!

ATM I am using these two products. Can not say which one is better.
331f6061f09a741c34cb5006802c355d.jpg

I have recently been giving the whole autoglym snow routine a go. Polar Blast, Snow foam and then the final stuff. Apart from costing extra, adding steps to the process I am not convinced the final result is any better than rinse, normal autoglym shampoo and rinse again! I will check YouTube to check I am not missing something though.

Maguires sounds interesting I have tended to rely on Autoglym.

Cheers
Ken

I have recently been giving the whole autoglym snow routine a go. Polar Blast, Snow foam and then the final stuff. Apart from costing extra, adding steps to the process I am not convinced the final result is any better than rinse, normal autoglym shampoo and rinse again! I will check YouTube to check I am not missing something though.

Maguires sounds interesting I have tended to rely on Autoglym.

Cheers
Ken
Not used maguires shampoo but the polish is 1st class and they all smell like sweets .had all the autoglym products and I’m not sure there as good as I’d expect?

Slightly off topic but can anyone recommend a product to quickly remove swirl marks from washing? My dealer made a mess of my new black Cali after being in. It looks like it's been washed with a brillo pad :(

Slightly off topic but can anyone recommend a product to quickly remove swirl marks from washing? My dealer made a mess of my new black Cali after being in. It looks like it's been washed with a brillo pad :(

Why doesn‘t he do the job or pay someone to do it for you? Sorry to hearFor small scratches and marks I sometimes use super fine polish from M.

Why doesn‘t he do the job or pay someone to do it for you? Sorry to hearFor small scratches and marks I sometimes use super fine polish from M.
I haven't mentioned it to the dealer as i didn't notice when picking it up (it was wet). To be honest I'm scared to take it back as something always seems to happen. The second to last time it was in I got a nice present on the bumper (see pic).

20200116_151427.jpg

I haven't mentioned it to the dealer as i didn't notice when picking it up (it was wet). To be honest I'm scared to take it back as something always seems to happen. The second to last time it was in I got a nice present on the bumper (see pic).

View attachment 55938

Oh, not nice. Eventhough I would ask for support (VW UK or something?) to fix this. I guess you took some pics of it?
I have a look at the polish at home just in case.

You’re unlikely to remove them by hand, needs a machine polish.

You could try polishing with something with a lot of ‘filler’, something like, autoglym SRP then use a glaze like poor boys black hole, this will make them a bit less noticeable, but it’s only temporary.

Black is a nightmare, I have one.

Machine polishing the only real way to fix that.

Swirl mark prevention is the reason why snow foaming and two bucket methods exist. They won’t make your vehicle any cleaner, but they’ll help prevent you rubbing small bits of grit around in circles on the paintwork. I also always turn down the offer of a dealer wash.

Machine polishing the only real way to fix that.

Swirl mark prevention is the reason why snow foaming and two bucket methods exist. They won’t make your vehicle any cleaner, but they’ll help prevent you rubbing small bits of grit around in circles on the paintwork. I also always turn down the offer of a dealer wash.

Thanks for the details. I've read about 'meguiar's ultimate compound' and 'scratchX' that they reckon can be done by hand. Like you said I think it needs to be done by machine for a decent result.
I did try another swirl remover by hand but it didn't make any difference.

I didn't even think about the wash it was just done. Probably using same water/sponge from washing other dirty vans..

7436a089a01a898533c5a079d458b8d4.plist

Random:
- Surf City Black Edge Detailer
- Meguiar‘s Ultimate Polish Pre Waxing Glaze
- Chemical Guys Jet Seal
- Meguiar‘s Mirror Bright Polishing Wax
- RejeX
- Petzold‘s Magic Clean Clay (blue)

Big foot eccentric machine
83cf2ed2af7a9f62814a7c71d7ab5b7f.plist

Last edited:
I tried out a few last year. Currently on with meguires, and chemical guys. The swissvax shampoo is overrated but the wax is very good.
So far auto Glym polar blast seems to be on top, chemical guys for shampoo and meguires for quick detail. Swissvax polish 6 monthly.

818C6572-3257-44FE-A8A8-20CD9363E995.jpeg

BD822209-9E23-4402-B637-C8DA26B86259.jpeg

B9CC1476-F312-42CA-9E43-C222A255A42E.jpeg

I tried out a few last year. Currently on with meguires, and chemical guys. The swissvax shampoo is overrated but the wax is very good.
So far auto Glym polar blast seems to be on top, chemical guys for shampoo and meguires for quick detail. Swissvax polish 6 monthly.

View attachment 55943

View attachment 55944

View attachment 55947
Autoglym polar seal is worth a try if you have a foam lance. Swissvax do some great waxes but very pricey.
Collinite 845 still my go to wax, cheap and really easy to use.

Guys..... it‘s a f**(king van !!
Can‘t imagine what you‘d be using/doing if you had a classic Ferrari or Aston Martin.
But I respect your enthusiasm with washing ... a van. Me... just through the brushes at the petrol station and done with it.

Back