Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What car Shampoo you using????

Guys..... it‘s a f**(king van !!
Can‘t imagine what you‘d be using/doing if you had a classic Ferrari or Aston Martin.
But I respect your enthusiasm with washing ... a van. Me... just through the brushes at the petrol station and done with it.
Ouch! We know, but don't tell us the facts..

BUT it costs the same as a classic sports car..

I use ‘Williams waterless wax’, it’s a dry wash product with carnival wax. Simply spritz onto dirt panel and wipe off with micro fibre cloth, buff with clean micro fibre cloth for stunning shine. No water required. I was a unsure about this kind of product at the start but it honestly works. Keep a bottle in van means I can wash and polish it whilst onsite.

Can‘t imagine what you‘d be using/doing if you had a classic Ferrari or Aston Martin.
But I respect your enthusiasm with washing ... a van. Me... just through the brushes at the petrol station and done with it.

Good morning,

Well, yes at the end it is a van, but a van on "steroids" so to speak. Yes, a dirty California is a happy California because it is used, but looking after the van is part of the "fun". If the sun is shining and the van sparkels it is heart warming (let alone that the wax protects the paint).

Everybody has a different way to feel happy, but washing / cleaning the van is an important part, at least for me. Also it helps to spot potential problems before they get worse.

In over 42 years driving nobody approached me to talk about the car, now it happens regularly. Even if at the petrol station are other, high powered beauties, poeple prefer to look at the California...

Happy California,
Eberhard

I enjoy cleaning my Cali, I hate to see it dirty.

Currently I am using Autoglym ultra HD shampoo, SRP and HD Wax. This is what I successfully used on my previous pearl black Cali, I have yet to have a good polish and wax session on my new T6 but will do as soon as the weekend weather improves.
Each to their own but I give it a good clean at least once a week, including the roof, and during this process I can check over the roof etc. for any signs of problems.

Ah yes until you no longer have to work for a living! Then simple tasks like washing and waxing your van that can be stretched out to fill the whole day have a whole new level of interest ;)

We don't bother much about cleaning the outside of the van*, but I did find Autoglym interior shampoo excellent for cleaning the seats of the old van before we sold it - now we're not worried about getting the seats of the new van dirty, as it's easy to clean off with this product. Might try it on my scruffy suede boots too.

* someone washes their van every week? incredible

ATM I am using these two products. Can not say which one is better.
331f6061f09a741c34cb5006802c355d.jpg
I use the koch chemie nanomagic after Washing with normal shampoo, makes the cali Shine like new and lasts long, rain really pearls Off. Drying the car with onze of these thick microfiber towels is the finishing Touch.

Okay I never thought I'd read all the way through a thread like this but it shows the times we're living in.

Respect to all you Cali-fluffers, more power to your elbows.

But... Fairy Liquid not okay then? :sorry

Okay I never thought I'd read all the way through a thread like this but it shows the times we're living in.

Fairy is probably ok it’s the Brillo pad that might be an issue.

Also leaves your hands soft as your face!

I wouldn't use fairy liquid, it will strip the protection from the paint work.
If you really want to get into it or waste an evening have a look at Detailingworld, you will either think geeks or omg geeks. Some of my old threads are under my username used on here.

@Kempy000 I was offered a new black/grey two tone when buying ours but ended up with our used onyx white one.
I had difficulty visualizing what it would look like but yours is stunning. Would definitely be my preferred colour combo

Just good old autoglym

I find regular clay bar utilisation helps maintain the best results

4b9ff0a235ff5803e83ee9bdd31e42b9.jpeg

b0a6ea0d2c6317dcec05579ea4b2a024.jpeg

0611f5c1e55a7d64d41a07b33128c9b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks amazing - do you use a mechanical polisher or Just elbow power?

Any recommendations for a mechanical polisher?

Slightly off topic ... but just for interest, I use a Stanley Mobile Toolbox to store my cleaning essentials in, and it is also very good for making the job of washing sills / mudflats and alloys much easier.
As wellStanley.png as allowing enhanced access to the roof.

Back