Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do people attach to the inside rail on the beach?

Zoe Ellis

Zoe Ellis

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
So far all I have attached to the inside rail of my beach is the table that pops out from the door, but it’s a big rail so what else do people store on it? I think I’ve seen a picture of a cup holder hanging off it but there seem to be plenty of places to store cups elsewhere, so looking for some more interesting ideas of what this rail can be used for.

Thanks

Z

Hi
So far all I have attached to the inside rail of my beach is the table that pops out from the door, but it’s a big rail so what else do people store on it? I think I’ve seen a picture of a cup holder hanging off it but there seem to be plenty of places to store cups elsewhere, so looking for some more interesting ideas of what this rail can be used for.

Thanks

Z
Just to illustrate the rail I am talking about here it is proudly holding up my table! But there must be more exciting things it can do....?

F437F265-5343-4501-AEDB-50886B27530F.jpeg

There are plenty of ideas around for smaller tables. Here's one we use, it's a piece of 6mm roofing plastic. The kind with holes all the way through. Multiwall acrylic I think is the term for it. After you buy a bit you'll need to adjust the fit a bit as it won't be exactly 6mm. We used a length of helicopter tape along the edge.

There's a whole thread on this somewhere, also with small tables with one leg using the same type of connectors as on the official table.

The great thing about a push in table like the one we have is you can put it at either end of the slot and it can stay in while you are in bed and you can easily get into the side cabinet. And multiwall acrylic is incredibly light as well as more than strong enough for the job in hand.

444631557131176571.png1557131227815.png

There are plenty of ideas around for smaller tables. Here's one we use, it's a piece of 6mm roofing plastic. The kind with holes all the way through. Multiwall acrylic I think is the term for it. After you buy a bit you'll need to adjust the fit a bit as it won't be exactly 6mm. We used a length of helicopter tape along the edge.

There's a whole thread on this somewhere, also with small tables with one leg using the same type of connectors as on the official table.

The great thing about a push in table like the one we have is you can put it at either end of the slot and it can stay in while you are in bed and you can easily get into the side cabinet. And multiwall acrylic is incredibly light as well as more than strong enough for the job in hand.

View attachment 44462

View attachment 44463View attachment 44462View attachment 44463
I like it, thanks I will look in to that. What’s the cabinet thing you have there with your keys on? Is that just for storage or is a fridge?

That's the storage box in the 2 seater beach - it becomes part of the bed when the seat is laid flat.

Back