Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you keep in your tool box?

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I thought it would be really handy to post what we all keep in our tool boxes when we go away for all the newbies who have recently joined us, also any other essential items for emergencies ..

I will start us off :

Duct Tape
Multimeter
Reverse polarity tester

Rubber mallet. Good for bashing in tent pegs but also for whacking alloy wheels to free them!

Also lots of accumulated odds and ends: bungy cord, string, small domestic screw driver and alleyn key set, hammer and mole wrench.

cheese and pickle sarnie
packet of prawn cocktail
Apple
DairyLea triangle
can of Fanta

sorry, i thought it said lunch box

:rofl :rofl

My essential tool - a Gerber Suspension. Basically has everything on it. And duct tape. And the number or VW Assist - they have plenty of tools. ;)

Carry more tools when cycling as I'm more likely to break it.

Iain&Shani said:
nobbynet said:
sorry, i thought it said lunch box

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Nice one nobby net. That's funny Not very healthy lunchbox though. :rofl

I have a rubber mallet and that's about it.

Does anyone keep spare bulbs and fuses in thier tool box?

I assume bulbs are sensible ... possibly even a legal requirement on the continent?

But what about fuses? Having only got to p52 in the Owner's manual, I've not yet gleaned where the fuseboxes are, how many there are and what ratings they are, or whether they are interchangeable.

Any suggestions on what type and how many of each would be 'sensible' appreciated!

Steve

I could probably have done it cheaper, but I was so nonplussed by what I needed that I went for the least brain-damaging approach and got a standard box of bulbs from VW. It comes with a selection of fuses too.

I assume bulbs are sensible ... possibly even a legal requirement on the continent?

Correct, bulbs are a requirement in most European countys. Also a sensible idea.
Call out roadside assist & I guess you will have an hours wait so basics make sense.

in the Cali

bulb kit
small socket set
Gaffer Tape
Insulating Tape
Leatherman
1lt Oil

in the Land Rover...

as much as I can carry within reason, including front and rear wheel bearings, full set of ignition components, 5lt 20/50 5lt Water/antifreeze mix

Back