Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you think of this spec?

bigmac77

bigmac77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
I'm going to my nearest VW van centre tomorrow to have a look at a couple of used California's, I am also going to have a look at the new T6 they have and thought I would go prepared with the spec of a vehicle so if I like the new model I can try to thrash out a price. I have trawled through pages on the forum plus the online VW price list and have put together a spec of a vehicle. Any thoughts on this gladly received.

Ocean with 150ps manual engine (though this may become a 204ps depending what I think of the bigger engine). Don't want 4motion though.

Acapulco blue
App connect & 6.33 screen
Cruise control
Front & rear parking sensors
Light & vision package
Towbar
Mud flaps
Privacy glass with heat insulation
Awning in black

Is there anything I should have other than this or is any of the above a waste of money?

Thanks.

All looks good to me. I will be going for a couple of extra items but these are very much personal choices.

Might be worth having the updated anti roll bars and I would give the DSG a try if you get the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All looks good to me. I will be going for a couple of extra items but these are very much personal choices.

Might be worth having the updated anti roll bars and I would give the DSG a try if you get the chance.

+1 for the heavy duty anti roll bars

Thanks, is the app connect worth it?
I am not 100% sure yet, there may be a few members who have taken delivery of a T6 with app connect fitted who could give some direct feed back. For me it is one of those options that could help future proof the van. One of the differences between the T5 and the T6 is the VW infotainment system, the app connect makes more of this. It doesn't make it a better camper but it may make the journeys more interesting / easier. I have gone for it, have to wait and see.

I am not 100% sure yet, there may be a few members who have taken delivery of a T6 with app connect fitted who could give some direct feed back. For me it is one of those options that could help future proof the van. One of the differences between the T5 and the T6 is the VW infotainment system, the app connect makes more of this. It doesn't make it a better camper but it may make the journeys more interesting / easier. I have gone for it, have to wait and see.
+1 for the app connect. Either as the full package or standalone with the bigger screen.