Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What fits in the inverter socket?

jqp

jqp

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
The inverter socket is at the base of the passenger side (UK) B pillar. It provides 230v at up to 150W. The handbook says it is a Euro socket. Actually it is a Euro type C for low power devices. The recess is sort of V-shaped at the sides. None of my Euro to UK adapters will fit. In fact I have only found one device with a plug that fits, and that's a toothbrush charger which happens to be broken. Two other working toothbrush chargers don't fit!
Has anyone found an adapter which can be fitted to this socket? Or is it destined to be an amusing but unuseable feature? 'Inutile' as the French say.

We have one of the adapters from the club shop, very handy having the extra USB socket in the back

I have a trailing adaptor to 3pin that powers my Bose mini/

Can you run a low power telly off this socket

tv185-16.jpg

image.jpeg This works for camera battery chargers.

Or chop the lead off your non working toothbrush charger then attach a trailing UK single socket like the type on the end of an extension lead. Worked for me.

Wou
Or chop the lead off your non working toothbrush charger then attach a trailing UK single socket like the type on the end of an extension lead. Worked for me.

Would there be a issue with polarity? Not for battery chargers perhaps but what about TV?

Please don't forget you are limited to 200 watts unless I am mistaken.

Eddie - that is exactly what I want, yet I could not find anything like it on ebay or Amazon.
Skewif - an engineers solution; I like it. Re-using my dead charger as well. Brilliant and green!

Re polarity - I believe the inverter output is isolated so no live/neutral just an asymmetrical AC supply.

Wou

Would there be a issue with polarity? Not for battery chargers perhaps but what about TV?

Very unlikely to be a problem as AC. Not found anything that doesn’t work so far. 150w max I think.

Eddie - that is exactly what I want, yet I could not find anything like it on ebay or Amazon.
Skewif - an engineers solution; I like it. Re-using my dead charger as well. Brilliant and green!

Re polarity - I believe the inverter output is isolated so no live/neutral just an asymmetrical AC supply.

The travellers sundry carousel in the aisle of your local Sainsbury’s is where I found it.
I like AC DC in the form of the rock and roll ensemble but symmetry or a cemetery defeats me....as long as it doesn’t blow me and the van to kingdom come will try the trailing lead......

The travellers sundry carousel in the aisle of your local Sainsbury’s is where I found it.
I like AC DC in the form of the rock and roll ensemble but symmetry or a cemetery defeats me....as long as it doesn’t blow me and the van to kingdom come will try the trailing lead......
My version... Took the socket from a knacked extension lead so double green :D

Just picked myself up off the floor laughing. Sorry. Just replied to the 'worried wife' thread and my sad brain went a little ... er ... off piste!

Just picked myself up off the floor laughing. Sorry. Just replied to the 'worried wife' thread and my sad brain went a little ... er ... off piste!
I’ll have a pint of whatever you’re drinking please. ;);)

Like the safety warnings.
Fat fingers in my earlier post. I wrote
"an assymetrical AC supply" whereas I intended "a symmetrical AC supply".
Indeed the fact that the plug can be inserted either way round (like a shaver socket) proves there's no polarity issue.

Like the safety warnings.
Fat fingers in my earlier post. I wrote
"an assymetrical AC supply" whereas I intended "a symmetrical AC supply".
Indeed the fact that the plug can be inserted either way round (like a shaver socket) proves there's no polarity issue.
Denmead Hants? Went through there today on my way to Butser Hill and the QECP.

The T6 has a normal UK socket outlet - still pretty useless unless on hook up

The T6 has a normal UK socket outlet - still pretty useless unless on hook up
Never use hook up but still find it useful while driving to charge the few things that 12v can't.