Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is alloy wheel offset for 2017 Ocean?

Alan Andrews

Alan Andrews

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a set of vw sportline alloys. But I need to check that the wheel offset dimension is valid for my 2017 Ocean.

I never appreciated that not all alloys are the same.

The wheels I have seen have a 50mm offset. Are these suitable?

Many thanks

Offset is related to the rim width.

Standard 17" rims are 7" wide with a 55mm Offset

Standard 18" rims are 8" wide with a 50mm Offset

Lower the Offset number the more the wheels protrude in the arch. Beware of this as the front arch has the least clearance.

An example - I tried Amorak 18" x 7.5" rims 45mm Offset with a 235 tyre and found the front arch outer had very little clearance (couldn't even get little finger in) with (air) suspension on low setting

Genuine VW Sportline Alloys will be OK with up to a 255 tyre as fitted to the new Transporter Sportline.

Offset is related to the rim width.

Standard 17" rims are 7" wide with a 55mm Offset

Standard 18" rims are 8" wide with a 50mm Offset

Lower the Offset number the more the wheels protrude in the arch. Beware of this as the front arch has the least clearance.

An example - I tried Amorak 18" x 7.5" rims 45mm Offset with a 235 tyre and found the front arch outer had very little clearance (couldn't even get little finger in) with (air) suspension on low setting

Genuine VW Sportline Alloys will be OK with up to a 255 tyre as fitted to the new Transporter Sportline.
Great replies. I am now enlightened to the various dimensions of alloy wheels. Is much more than the simple diameter of the alloy. Thank you for your replies.