Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is the correct voltage for brand new T6 Cali when batteries have been fully charged?

gvick

gvick

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hi basic question but can’t find an answer on any old threads.
Just wanted to know what should a healthy battery read from control panel once fully charged (and what’s the lowest you would run them down to eg 10-2v?) before you recharge?

Thanks in advance

Greg

Use this as a reference for the AGM leisure batteries, don’t let the voltage drop below 10.6 for long as they can not recover and battery suppliers will not warranty a battery that has been below this.

12v-AGM Battery-State-Of-Charge.jpg
Due to the charging profile of the bluemotion alternator you may see charging spikes in the high 14v but at rest about 12.6 80-90%. To get a 100% charge it is advisable to use the hookup and the onboard charger to top up.

Last edited:
Use this as a reference for the AGM leisure batteries, don’t let the voltage drop below 10.6 for long as they can not recover and battery suppliers will not warranty a battery that has been below this.

View attachment 46496
Due to the charging profile of the bluemotion alternator you may see charging spikes in the high 14v but at rest about 12.6 80-90%. To get a 100% charge it is advisable to use the hookup and the onboard charger to top up.
Thanks @Loz appreciated

my control panel shows 12.8 volts 100 0/0 .....

View attachment 46496
Hi Loz, many thanks for your useful posts, they are most helpful

I am a radio Ham ans I run a radio that draws at peak 24 amps, but this is only for a about a minute or two and depending on the RF output that can be 100 wats (RF) depending on the voltage being 13.6 Volts.

My Ocean batteries when fully charged I only get 12.8 or so and this falls off to around 12.2 volts after some use.

is there a way of getting a voltage of say 13.6 volts continues ?

or is it a case of isolation the liesure Batteries from the Starter Battery ?

any advice on the above would be much appreciated
regards
Brendan de GM0CQV

I am a radio Ham ans I run a radio that draws at peak 24 amps, but this is only for a about a minute or two and depending on the RF output that can be 100 wats (RF) depending on the voltage being 13.6 Volts.

My Ocean batteries when fully charged I only get 12.8 or so and this falls off to around 12.2 volts after some use.

regards
Brendan de GM0CQV
1. Don't use the fitted 12v sockets as although rated at 20amp they are fused at 15amp.
You need a dedicated fused connection directly to a Leisure Battery. Anderson connectors are widely used.

2. The easiest way to get the higher voltage is to run the engine.

regards
Brendan de GM0CQV
I would swap the split charge relay for a DC-DC charger.

1. Don't use the fitted 12v sockets as although rated at 20amp they are fused at 15amp.
You need a dedicated fused connection directly to a Leisure Battery. Anderson connectors are widely used.

2. The easiest way to get the higher voltage is to run the engine.
Thanks for your reply, I have got a direct connection to the leisure batteries for the radio, the problem ism the Starter Battery is drawing down the charge and lowering the voltage
thanks again

I would swap the split charge relay for a DC-DC charger.
Loz many thanks for your reply, I have had a quick look and it seems to be the answer for me, the cost for a good DC-DC charger and labour for fitting would come into play as I do not have the ability to do it myself, I do have a local vehicle Electrical company that could to the Job

many thanks and I will study the procedure in detail

cheers

Brendan

Back